Achamian as the most powerful sorcerer left alive in the Three Seas.

• 71 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 01:50:18 pm »
Serwa is dead. There just isn't any better ending to her story. Another Cnaüir is just an old dog doing old tricks.
I, too, think it's a great ending, and Serwa is what passes for my favorite character in TSA. Right now, her story has everything, it doesn't need anything more.

She's a bit more dead than Cnaiur was, and Bakker did already play the "character didn't actually die on screen so technically its ok if I bring them back" card. Because of this, I would be rather disappointed if he brings her back - but not surprised.

Don't forget Bakker "doesn't know" whose alive or not at this point. There could be a lot of resurrections in TNG of characters that weren't outright listed as killed.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2019, 02:22:17 pm »
Don't forget Bakker "doesn't know" whose alive or not at this point. There could be a lot of resurrections in TNG of characters that weren't outright listed as killed.
I must confess, this is exactly what makes me a bit uneasy about TNG.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »

Every character I even liked is dead anyway.  Just kill them all.

Not really, but I just want him to really get into Mimara's actual role, rather than just hinting at/around it.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:13 pm »
Quote from:  H
]Not really, but I just want him to really get into Mimara's actual role, rather than just hinting at/around it.

Never would I not read anything remotely associated with this story, so dont take what I say the wrong way. But, after TUC, my Hope's for anything being revealed fully has taking a hit. I just dont see anything being spelled out for us. Just hints and innuendoes, tbh.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2019, 05:45:18 pm »
Never would I not read anything remotely associated with this story, so dont take what I say the wrong way. But, after TUC, my Hope's for anything being revealed fully has taking a hit. I just dont see anything being spelled out for us. Just hints and innuendoes, tbh.

Well, I don't really mean explicitly stating it, but have her actually do more in her role.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2019, 03:17:57 pm »

For myself I don't know about uneasy exactly, but I understand what you mean. Its uncharted territory.
I suspect we have a decade or so to accept this new reality though before TNG 1 comes out.

]Not really, but I just want him to really get into Mimara's actual role, rather than just hinting at/around it.

Yeah. More information seems to just lead to more questions. That's what makes it fun, but TUC/TAE did shatter any illusions I had about new books/series answering old questions.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2019, 09:03:20 pm »
Well, I don't really mean explicitly stating it, but have her actually do more in her role.

Gotcha. I'm truly excited and hoping more is invested in Mimara, also. I hope she becomes the main character of TNG.

Quote from:  Wilshire
Yeah. More information seems to just lead to more questions. That's what makes it fun, but TUC/TAE did shatter any illusions I had about new books/series answering old questions.

Said it better than I. I do expect a few things to be sprinkled in though. Dont know what, but he usually does.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2019, 11:44:20 pm »
I seriously doubt Serwa will be dead -- unless TUC was the final installment of the series, then killing her off now feels like a huge waste of the character, which is almost certainly why RSB left it ambiguous. I also think Serwa still being alive would be interesting simply because I think she's the only one who WOULDN'T instantly believe that Kellhus is actually the No-God. She was clearly the one who knew the most of her father's true plans for the Great Ordeal (up to and including the Proyas betrayal), so I could see a lot of dramatic tension being created in whatever sort of counter-force is assembled based purely on that.

However, discounting Serwa, I do think Achamian is probably the most powerful sorceror in Earwa.

Honestly I think this is the point wherein Achamian's characterization will deviate the most from its status quo in the series thus far. He is now, really for the first time, completely "in his element", even if he didn't realize it to be such. The No-God walks -- Seswatha won't stand idle. 

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 03:39:30 am »
Quote from:  FB
Honestly I think this is the point wherein Achamian's characterization will deviate the most from its status quo in the series thus far. He is now, really for the first time, completely "in his element", even if he didn't realize it to be such. The No-God walks -- Seswatha won't stand idle.

I agree 100%. Everyone point to Akka's chracter/attitude and assumes that's who he'll be in TUC. Just over the course of TAE, Akka has transform to be a more dominate, decisive character. Now, I only expect that to grow from here on out. I dont expect to see the meek, doubtful and unconfident Akka from early in the series. What he's seen, be coming a father, Kellhus no longer there to worry over and the Apocalypse is what he was born for. More than any other Mandati. I have a cool new theory I've been working on, regarding the last bit. When I take time to put it together and to post it, I will. I really think you guys will enjoy it. :) hopefully

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »
If Serwa isn't dead, she better be declared Not Dead at the start, or in some manner that's not supposed to be a surprise-twist. You are right though, her death seems disappointing given the time spent creating her.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:00 pm »
If Serwa isn't dead, she better be declared Not Dead at the start, or in some manner that's not supposed to be a surprise-twist. You are right though, her death seems disappointing given the time spent creating her.

Well, R kinda sorta maybe brought back Cnaiur in similar fashion. Roll with it, my fellow Consult! Play the hand we'll be dealt.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:49 am »
A bit late to this party. My take on the womb-plague/ark function and purpose:

There are hints that originally the Ark had insertants to start up the concept / device (whether it was called no-god then or not we can't know) to reduce the population to 144k. Why or how 144k we don't know.
Ark falls, device breaks and Inchoroi and Ark badly damaged/decimated.
Stuff happens. Including the innoculation.
Shae gets involved and figures (or assumes?) some stuff out.
Helps A&A rebuild the no-god.

To me the no-god is what stops the cycle of souls and effectively allows war / disease to reduce the population. No births and dead is dead. So the no-god needs to remain active for long enough to achieve that, otherwise you face a global war to keep trying to achieve 144k.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk