Earwa > The No-God

Möenghus The Younger. Consult or Humanity?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MSJ:
Great thread Redeagl! Can't believe I've missed this.

I think Lil Moe will ultimately take the side of humanity. He seen that the People were to be sacrificed to the Sranc. This is definitely a huge selling point to the People. One problem, he is not truly of the People and Cnaüir didn't to a whole lot to give him command or the right to lead. But, ultimately, I feel the people will feel betrayed and try and defeat TNG.

Francis Buck:
Moenghus Jr. became one of my favorite characters as TAE went on and especially with TUC when we get his POV (and especially since so many other characters are now dead).

I feel relatively certain Moe will be "for the Consult" given the somewhat heavy foreshadowing (as far as RSB goes) of the Shroud forming a halo around his head, but it could really go either way. I do think that if he's "for the Consult" it will be for his own reasons, and I also can't see Moe sticking with them if/when he learns they're being run by a bunch of Dunyain.

My ideal scenario I guess is Moe leading the Scylvendi against "the good guys" for most of TNG with a redemptive heel turn at the end. I actually think Moe Jr could in some way be a part of Moenghus Sr's posthumous planning/conditioning of events via Cnaiur -- possibly laying seeds early on to ensure (or at least make viable) a scenario where the Scylvendi don't align with the Consult this time around.

Ultimately I'm split because I really like Moe and want him not have a horribly depressing ending, but I also REALLY want battles with Men vs Men in TNG, cuz Sranc/Bashrag hordes kinda got old for me even before we got to TUC, and unless some surprise faction ends up working with the Consult (Zeum?) then I can't see too much human in-fighting being plausible on a large scale given that it's the damn apocalypse.

TLEILAXU:
I completely missed that part about the shroud forming a Halo aroung Moënghus' head. I've re-read certain chapters many times but I still need to re-read the book as a whole.

Francis Buck:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on January 13, 2018, 05:50:15 pm ---I completely missed that part about the shroud forming a Halo aroung Moënghus' head. I've re-read certain chapters many times but I still need to re-read the book as a whole.

--- End quote ---

I believe it occurs during the Cnaiur/Proyas/Moe confrontation, but I'm not 100%.

And yeah, there's still so much stuff I'm finding with TUC, even in conjunction with the earlier books. For example I somehow had no idea that the bit with Cnaiur dreaming of the pool and the worm was not a brand new sequence, but goes all the way back to the first damn book. Crazy stuff lol.

Old Gnostic Fool:
I'd love to get a Consult POV again. They were surely missing throughout most of TAE. I do wonder how the Boy's story is going to tie in with the overarching plot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version