[TUC Spoilers] Metaphysics of the Second Apocalypse

• 79 Replies

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
  • "We are all of us brothers. Read these."
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2017, 12:48:26 am »
Hmm well the No-God is pretty much a machine so it makes sense she'd see nothing. the aporetic sorcery inscribed in the chorae might offer a more "natural" route to what I'm just gonna call the True God from now on

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2017, 12:58:46 am »
Plus how can something be damned or saved if no divinity can see it to judge it.

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2017, 01:08:08 am »
The implication here is Mimara's True God is the one divinity that is not blind by definition, but turning the Judging Eye on the No-God would be like turning it on your car.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2017, 01:26:58 am »
What if my car is Christine by Stephen King.

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:41 am »
I know you're joking and I was gonna say sin depends on intentionality but that was thoroughly refuted by Ishual being soaked through with evil although no Dunyain has ever actually intended to inflict harm for harm's sake.

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2017, 01:37:44 am »
The implication here is Mimara's True God is the one divinity that is not blind by definition, but turning the Judging Eye on the No-God would be like turning it on your car.

I can see that, but she looked at a Chorae, then THROUGH it, right?  Maybe, if she had had time, she could have done the same to the No-God? 

That whole scene with her and the Chorae fascinates me, and I remain confident that it will be a major piece of what comes next, either activating ALL of the Chorae in the Whirlwind, or using it to undo the No-God itself for good, with no chance of Resuption.  Kind of like a metaphysical adblocker, or anti-virus.  The Heron Spear quarantined it, but somebody's gotta do SOMETHING more permanent, because Earwa can win a thousand times over a million years, but the No-God must only win the once.

If you guys haven't noticed yet, I tend to ramble.  Apologies.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:29 am »
Quote from:  Bazteck

But, the carapace does have a soul within it. As i said elswhere, in Akka's true dreams, the one in the Fields of Mengedda the Heron Spear was never used. And, the No-God was killed and humanity saved. And, I think thats exactly what will happen this time. A special soul (Mimara anyone?) will do something to destroy the No-God. What? I have no clue, a couple guesses though.

1. She answers the No-Gods questions and it becomes aware

2. Something along the lines of what she did in Cil-Aujus with the chorae, but on a much laarger scale.

ETA: remember the No-God died, but the Consult recovered the carapace. So, however it was stopped was through the soul within the carapace.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:16:11 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2017, 03:27:06 am »
I know you're joking and I was gonna say sin depends on intentionality but that was thoroughly refuted by Ishual being soaked through with evil although no Dunyain has ever actually intended to inflict harm for harm's sake.
No but they intended to achieve the Absolute and become God, which is also apparently a damnable offense.

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2017, 03:45:01 am »
Or perhaps what they did in pursuit of their goal was the damning part.  The path walked vs the goal and all that.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2017, 03:51:58 am »
Wait true dreams no-god wasn't killed by the heron spear excuse me

It just never ends with bakker man.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2017, 04:15:29 am »
Baztek, when Akka becomes a Prophet of the Past, he has a dream where the Heron Spear isnt even fired and the No-God dies anyway.

And, i say these are true dreams, because we have the mutilated confirm Nayu-Cayuti and how he was just one of many thrown into the carapace and luckily, for the Consult he worked. This would seem, to me, to validate Akka's dreams. Along with many more that are true as for where he'lll find the Map to Ishual...Sauglish. These are the real events being shown to Akka. Thats my take anyway. As to who's behind them...im sticking with Seswatha.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:17:09 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2017, 04:24:18 am »
Misinterpreting a dream is one thing, but actually SEEING something happen, and hear the words come out of people's mouths is another.  Achamian is clearly having dreams that are completely different than those experienced by the other Mandati, and trying to under-cut that my crying "misinterpreting" is a sleazy move.  I get it that Bakker is telling us not to 100% take everything Achamian deduces from the dreams as fact, but what he is seeing cannot really be argued with, unless there is a deeper deception.  It was another classic Bakker side-step.

And I still want to see Seswatha living inside Achamian in the Second Apocalypse, like the Dragon living inside Rand al'Thor at the end of the Wheel of time.  Two people, by really one person...and seeing has how I have hit on this before, could be perhaps see Achamian finally get some o' them Meta-Gnostic Cants with Seswatha backing him up?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2017, 04:27:45 am »
Quote from:  littlegrice
And I still want to see Seswatha living inside Achamian in the Second Apocalypse, like the Dragon living inside Rand al'Thor at the end of the Wheel of time.  Two people, by really one person...and seeing has how I have hit on this before, could be perhaps see Achamian finally get some o' them Meta-Gnostic Cants with Seswatha backing him up?

Besides knowing zilch about WoT, i couldnt agree more.

Baztek

• Momurai
  • Aleph Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2017, 04:30:36 am »
Think Akka will perfect magic somehow that'd fucking swell

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2017, 04:38:07 am »
Quote from:  Bazteck
Think Akka will perfect magic somehow that'd fucking swell.

? I dont understand this comment

[EDIT Madness: Fixed quote tag.]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:56:12 pm by Madness »