« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2020, 02:33:29 am »
 ;)

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2020, 04:25:59 am »
 "This idea that we travel through our lives as a group with several people that we have this core connection to, led by perhaps one bodhisattva, working on issues within our core character through the different lifespans, returning to the bardo, and then spinning out again. Beautiful."
  -Years of Rice & Salt

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2020, 11:55:35 am »
"Man fears Time -- Time fears the Pyramids."
- Arabian Proverb

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2020, 01:15:42 am »
2:1 - Wherefore are the Kings of thy nations, those who allege rulership over other Men, just as these same Men do allege rulership over the beasts of the land and the trees of the forest? Wherefore are the High Priests of thy wretched temples, who mock the birds of the air, or the misers, the moneylenders, who hoard all the precious gems and fine metals? Not a one of these worked for earnest betterment of their fellow man, and so it is they have vanished from the earth, gone below into the Pit that is the Dragon's Maw, and their souls given to my cruelest and most cunning daughter, and in wrath did she Judge. Know thee now righteous fear at last? Now, in the claws of the Black Lioness, She: my most clever and carnivorus daughter, that Mistress-of-Ashes, whose name Men know as Annhilation?
2:2 - And lo! see how others now arisen come to take their place...Will they recall their forerunners whose labours were beyond measure? Nay. This is the land where man wages war forever on his kinsmen without worthy cause, over and again. They do not learn even when my Laws have been set in the foundations of the world's beginning and although they may be allowed to bend, only my by hand can they be broken.
2:3 - See now how this land is burnt down? The souls are gathered as wheat from harvest and facing up like their forefathers did to that snarling visage of the Lioness, my daughter: the Lady-of-the-Crowns, Anaretar! whose eyes are lightning and whose roar is thunder, before which such wicked souls are stricken dumb, deaf, blind. Before her they know not how to atone; so it is that they are all of them eternally Damned.
- Divine Laws, the Enchiridion.

"At the background of the Cosmos are the eternally spinning spheres of the Dau-Dei, expressed in the World as the primordial twins, as the Ensifera -- Sword-Bearer. Forever do they dance in perfect discord, and constantly they are at play as the life-breath of Creation. Therefore the Ensifera is not any special person, not confined to any specific country, race nor by any border. This is the highest secret of the Metaphysique, and it is full of science. In the formula of the Twins, the primeval human is qualified by the same quality as the God."
- The Book of Singularities
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:17:23 am by Ain't Germain »

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2020, 10:09:08 pm »
"The spectacle of Nature is always new, for she is always renewing the spectators. Life is her most exquisite invention; and death is her expert contrivance to get plenty of life."
 -Goethe

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2020, 10:33:14 pm »
Were an Asiatic to ask me for a definition of Europe, I should be forced to answer him: It is that part of the world which is haunted by the incredible delusion that man was created out of nothing, and that his present birth is his first entrance into life.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2020, 05:54:49 pm »
Man is spirit. But what is spirit? Spirit is the self. But what is the self? The self is a relation which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the relation [which accounts for it] that the relation relates itself to its own self; the self is not the relation but [consists in the fact] that the relation relates itself to its own self. Man is a synthesis of the infinite and the finite, of the temporal and the eternal, of freedom and necessity, in short it is a synthesis. A synthesis is a relation between two factors. So regarded, man is not yet a self.

Soren Kierkegaard - Sickness unto Death

EDIT: Wow, can't believe that actually worked.  Are posts maybe OK now?  Maybe I'll try a real Hegel quote and see...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:12:54 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2020, 06:52:24 pm »
There is a self-consciousness for a self-consciousness. Only so is it in fact self-consciousness; for only in this way does the unity of itself in its otherness come to be for it; I, which is the object of its concept, is in fact not object; the object of desire, however, is only independent, for it is the universal indestructible substance, the fluid essence equal-to-its-own-self. When a self-consciousness is the object, the object is just as much I as object.—With this, we already have before us the concept of spirit. What still lies ahead for consciousness is the experience of what spirit is, this absolute substance which, in the perfect freedom and independence of its opposition, viz. of diverse self-consciousnesses that are for themselves, is the unity of these self-consciousnesses: I that is We, and We that is I. It is in self-consciousness, as the concept of spirit, that consciousness first has its turning-point, where it leaves behind the colourful semblance of the sensory here-and-now and the empty night of the supersensible Beyond, and steps out into the spiritual day of presence.

G.W.F. Hegel - The Phenomenology of Spirit

I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2020, 12:57:31 am »
Bravo.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2021, 08:41:53 am »
Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors.
  -Emerson

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:46 am »
Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors.
  -Emerson

Thus, the task is, not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.
  —Erwin Schrödinger

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2021, 07:12:58 am »
"...after so many names and so many unnamings, so many disappointments, so many dullings and dyings, what we nickname God must seem obscure and impossible.

That does not mean It will ever have been captured by the names of what has died."
   -Catherine Keller

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2021, 11:56:44 pm »
"At a time when over the whole world a nameless drama is taking place and when men are fighting each other without any idea why because they’ve never had the courage to go down into the depths of the drama of their consciousness, this is not the time to destroy a spirit who has never had any other idea than to bring to light the drama of his consciousness in order to teach others to recognize all their own interior enemies so as to destroy them.

The enmity that each man harbours in himself, of himself towards himself."
   -Antonin Artaud

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2021, 07:13:49 am »
In the pre-modern world, when people wrote about the past they were more concerned with what the event had meant. A myth was an event which, in some sense, happened once, but which also happened all the time. Because of our strictly chronological view of history, we have no word for such an occurrence, but mythology is an art form that points beyond history to what is timeless in human existence.
 -Karen Armstrong

Myths are things that never happened but always are.
 -Sallustius