H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 02:20:56 pm »
That particular Inchoroi wouldn't add much to anything, NG or no. The Consult don't need it, and he(?) was more like a pet than anything else.

Well, I think they regard it as a bit more than a pet though.

But I think it was Skafra who says they actually worship the No-God, but then again, we don't know too much about how Wracu think...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 03:30:48 am »
I think the main point to take away from the Sranc ---> Inchoroi comparison is that, in reality, EVERYTHING is just "another variety of Sranc". I don't remember the exact line but the text more or less states this outright. Men themselves are a "weapon race" just as any other, driven by their own particular set of desires (and basically all the races -- Sranc, Nonmen, Inchoroi, even Gods and Dunyain -- are subject to this).

The Dunyain's vast intellect makes them no less subject to the Darkness that comes before, as illustrated by the Apocalypse of Koringhus. The Dunyain "feed" on knowledge and the domination of circumstances just as Sranc "feed" on violent congress, etc. The Mutilated see the Ark as a genuine religious object (even if they do not think of it as such). They see the Absolute as a prize, or something to be achieved, when in fact it is yet one more carrot on a stick.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:33:03 am by The Meta-Mod »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 12:14:43 pm »
I think the main point to take away from the Sranc ---> Inchoroi comparison is that, in reality, EVERYTHING is just "another variety of Sranc". I don't remember the exact line but the text more or less states this outright. Men themselves are a "weapon race" just as any other, driven by their own particular set of desires (and basically all the races -- Sranc, Nonmen, Inchoroi, even Gods and Dunyain -- are subject to this).

The Dunyain's vast intellect makes them no less subject to the Darkness that comes before, as illustrated by the Apocalypse of Koringhus. The Dunyain "feed" on knowledge and the domination of circumstances just as Sranc "feed" on violent congress, etc. The Mutilated see the Ark as a genuine religious object (even if they do not think of it as such). They see the Absolute as a prize, or something to be achieved, when in fact it is yet one more carrot on a stick.

Indeed and taking it a bit further, perhaps what the whole issue of "darkness" encroaching on Kellhus is meant to show how "approaching" the Absolute is still leagues away from achieving the Absolute.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 05:14:02 pm »
I thought that the NG enslaves everything soulless which the Inchoroi are obviously not.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »
I thought that the NG enslaves everything soulless which the Inchoroi are obviously not.
Well, we don't really know that the No-God ensalves anything, though.  Only that it can somehow command Sranc, Bashrags and Wracu.

The Inchoroi aren't enslaved to the No-God, they are enslaved to the Inverse Fire, which causes them to worship the No-God as a savior.

Anaxophus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 06:20:35 pm »
Where is this device referred to as the Sun Lance?  Maybe I missed it.  I only remember that they thought it was the Heron Spear but the colour of the laser beam was not the same as in the dreams (meaning it's not the Heron Spear but something similar).

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »
Where is this device referred to as the Sun Lance?  Maybe I missed it.  I only remember that they thought it was the Heron Spear but the colour of the laser beam was not the same as in the dreams (meaning it's not the Heron Spear but something similar).

Can't remember if it was in the text, but the glossary definitely mentions the Sun Lance (I'll edit this post later if I can place it).
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »
Edit: Reading back, the section refers to her body being "blasted". Yeah, that convinces me that she is gone for good.

I took "blasted" as "blasted by sin / the Mark". I believe Akka is described this way several times when Mimara looks at him with the Eye as well. If this is the way it was meant to be read, I'm inclined to believe she's alive.

Can't remember if it was in the text, but the glossary definitely mentions the Sun Lance (I'll edit this post later if I can place it).

It's the Sister of the Heron Spear. Aurang used it against Ishterebinth. (Glossary - Black Iron Seat)

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »
Serwa could be dead, but I bet that she is going to be more "hunger" than "fodder".
Remember that Mimara saw her like a ciphrang.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:20 pm »
Serwa could be dead, but I bet that she is going to be more "hunger" than "fodder".

Serwa was mortally wounded (according to Kayutas) by a laser weapon, then had one of her hands/ arms salted off, and was then buried by collapsing debris.  Even if she somehow teleported out, I don't see how she can have lived
Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 09:05:45 pm »

Serwa was mortally wounded (according to Kayutas) by a laser weapon, then had one of her hands/ arms salted off, and was then buried by collapsing debris.  Even if she somehow teleported out, I don't see how she can have lived

Yes, I think she's dead but maybe we will see her again not in Earwa but at the Outside as some kind of cute Ciphrang.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:19 pm »

Yes, I think she's dead but maybe we will see her again not in Earwa but at the Outside as some kind of cute Ciphrang.

I thought she was dead when the roof came down.  But the fact that Kayutas was carrying her body later makes me wonder. 

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 10:29:50 pm »
If not dead yet, she was dying or so she thought when went to fight the dragon.
But even the very wise cannot see all ends, lol.

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:56 am »

I thought she was dead when the roof came down.  But the fact that Kayutas was carrying her body later makes me wonder.

Yeah, the Dunyain are a cold-blooded lot.  Unless Kayutas inherited a larger portion of the mother than we know, I just don't see him carrying around a dead body on a battlefield.  And didn't she take some dead nonman ash?  Who KNOWS the limits to that stuff.

Survivors of the Ordeal
  1.  Achamian, Esmenet, Mimara, and baby.  Achamian, after receiving a mouthful of dead person ash, just hauls ass and doesn't look back.
  2.  Kayutas and Serwa.  Either with Achamian(I don't think so, but possible), the Mandate Grand Master, or (my crazy theory) they hide in Golgotterath while she regains her strength for the Meta-Gnostic.  Hiding where no one could possibly be?  Sounds pretty fuckin Dunyain to me.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 08:04:12 pm »
Given how Koringhus reacted to the Qirri it was pretty cold hearted of Mimara to give some to a half-dunyain.

Also I'm pretty sure Cnaiür is still around as some kind of very frustrated incarnate hell god.