Earwa > The No-God

Perspective and answers to open questions

<< < (2/16) > >>

Madness:
Malowebi's head is still just hanging on Salt-Kellhus in the Golden Room?

Also, I think it's probably going to be a pretty interesting juxtaposition going forward regarding the Mutilated, especially, as the reader knows about them but the characters do not...

Yellow:

--- Quote from: Madness on September 02, 2017, 06:10:00 pm ---Malowebi's head is still just hanging on Salt-Kellhus in the Golden Room?

Also, I think it's probably going to be a pretty interesting juxtaposition going forward regarding the Mutilated, especially, as the reader knows about them but the characters do not...

--- End quote ---

On a tangent... I hate it in fiction (books or films) when the reader knows more than the characters. I spend the entire time waiting for them to catch up.

I think the main reason the second half of the Wheel of Time fell away in dramatic tension was primarily a result of this very problem. 

Duskweaver:

--- Quote from: Madness on September 02, 2017, 06:10:00 pm ---Also, I think it's probably going to be a pretty interesting juxtaposition going forward regarding the Mutilated, especially, as the reader knows about them but the characters do not...

--- End quote ---
On a similar note, the characters presumably all believe Kellhus is in the Carapace. The only people who know it's Kelmomas in there are in the Golden Room. I wonder if that will be significant?

Duskweaver:

--- Quote from: Yellow on September 02, 2017, 07:08:11 pm ---On a tangent... I hate it in fiction (books or films) when the reader knows more than the characters.
--- End quote ---
But the reader/watcher always knows more than some characters, unless it's a single-viewpoint work. Seems a weird thing to get upset about.

Madness:

--- Quote from: Duskweaver on September 02, 2017, 07:11:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: Madness on September 02, 2017, 06:10:00 pm ---Also, I think it's probably going to be a pretty interesting juxtaposition going forward regarding the Mutilated, especially, as the reader knows about them but the characters do not...

--- End quote ---

On a similar note, the characters presumably all believe Kellhus is in the Carapace. The only people who know it's Kelmomas in there are in the Golden Room. I wonder if that will be significant?

--- End quote ---

Indeed. It should certainly colour all discourse regarding the No-God 2.0 going forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version