Earwa > The No-God

Deaths in TNG

<< < (2/2)

Francis Buck:
Bit of a drive-by post here, but I actually could see Achamian living all the way through the series and being one of the 144,000 thousand remaining souls on Earwa at the end...

Everyone else is probably toast though.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: Francis Buck on May 15, 2018, 06:12:45 pm ---Bit of a drive-by post here, but I actually could see Achamian living all the way through the series and being one of the 144,000 thousand remaining souls on Earwa at the end...

--- End quote ---

Wow, quote function worked on phone!!!! ;) :)

I 2nd this idea and find it likely, though I think Esme makes it too.

Swayal Serpent:
I think Esme will probably die, but I'm pretty certain Akka is going to make it. I think he's getting set up to be the next Seswatha, and Ses was a survivor of the first apocalypse. Akka's going to keep the gnosis alive and refound the mandate!

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: Francis Buck on May 15, 2018, 06:12:45 pm ---Bit of a drive-by post here, but I actually could see Achamian living all the way through the series and being one of the 144,000 thousand remaining souls on Earwa at the end...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MSJ on May 15, 2018, 06:28:26 pm ---I 2nd this idea and find it likely, though I think Esme makes it too.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Swayal Serpent on May 21, 2018, 05:23:28 pm ---I think Esme will probably die, but I'm pretty certain Akka is going to make it. I think he's getting set up to be the next Seswatha, and Ses was a survivor of the first apocalypse. Akka's going to keep the gnosis alive and refound the mandate!

--- End quote ---

Okay, so I'm definitely in the minority so far, with only Old Gnostic Fool agreeing with my Akka death prediction.

And for Esmenet, it seems like MSJ is in the minority, since everyone else so far seems to agree she will die.

About the Akka and Seswatha parallels, this is my opinion: I think that the parallels already exist (and presumably will only get stronger as TNG goes on) and have been there since PON.
Both:
-are/were sorcerers who came from humble origins (Seswatha the son of a Trysean bronzesmith/Akka the son of a Nroni fisherman);
-became close to an Anasûrimbor who eventually became a ruler (Celmomas, High-King of Kûniüri/Kellhus, Aspect-Emperor of the Three Seas), but the two later had a falling out (Celmomas resented Seswatha's influence on his son Nau-Cayûti and suspected he might even be Seswatha's biological son/Akka renounced Kellhus because of him "stealing" his wife Esmenet from him and due to learning the truth about the Dûnyain);
-had a romantic and sexual relationship with said Anasûrimbor's wife (Celmomas' wife Suriala/Kellhus' wife Esmenet - though in this case the relationship with Akka happened before the relationship with Kellhus);
-had a student and surrogate son who met a tragic end due to the influence of the Consult (Nau-Cayûti/Inrau - and you can count Proyas as well in Akka's case, though more indirectly);
-interacted with a sorcerous artifact with led to them experiencing events in the life/memories of someone else (the Amiolas/Seswatha's Heart).
And that's just off the top of my head, there might be more I'm not remembering right now.
I can, however, actually see Akka dying right after managing to end the Second Apocalypse but surviving long enough to pass on the torch and the task of founding a new Mandate to someone else (Serwa?).

H:
Honestly, I could see a chance that Mimara might take something of a literal Christ parallel and "die" in some manner, only to be reborn or restored, or something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version