Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

Quotes

<< < (2/62) > >>

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on June 01, 2018, 10:17:34 am ---From Heretics of Dune: "The sun is not God!"
--- End quote ---

Maybe for Dune, she's not - but she's surely is here. It gave us life and when she red-dwarfs, she will end us ... sounds like the power of a god to me.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: H on June 01, 2018, 11:05:25 am ---The Royal Tenenbaums has a bunch of quotes that are really great, it's easily one of my top 3 movies, perhaps even #1.
--- End quote ---

Haven't see this movie - guess I better, that is a serious recommendation, let alone some great quotes  :)

TaoHorror:
Inspired by today's Q talk:

Woody Allen's Deconstructing Harry, "I love whores."

H:
"In view of these portentous impossibilities, it has been assumed, perhaps as the result of a growing impatience with the difficult factual material, that Christ was nothing but a myth, in this case no more than a fiction. But myth is not fiction: it consists of facts that are continually repeated and can be observed over and over again. It is something that happens to man, and men have mythical fates just as much as the Greek heroes do. The fact that the life of Christ is largely myth does absolutely nothing to disprove its factual truth—quite the contrary. I would even go so far as to say that the mythical character of a life is just what expresses its universal human validity. It is perfectly possible, psychologically, for the unconscious or an archetype to take complete possession of a man and to determine his fate down to the smallest detail."

C. G. Jung - "An Answer to Job"

Wilshire:
"Though well-equipped, we know not who we are or where we are going"
- Dr. Leon Kass on the possibilities of genetic engineering and modern science.

I encountered this line when I was much younger (still in grade school), doing 'research' for a 'paper' I was 'writing'. It stuck in my mind, though now I can't recall exactly what paper I got it from. A quick search pulls several hits- it seems its oft quoted - so I'm no longer sure exactly where it came from or the exact context. Great line though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version