Earwa > The Unholy Consult

The Relation of Ishterebinth, Sranc and Dagliash

<< < (2/6) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: The P on May 24, 2021, 09:19:16 pm ---I am not sold on the Dunsult knowing it needs Kellhus, nor even that he could be an insertant.

--- End quote ---

But they did, it's why they took the Chorae off the Carapace.

They even say as much:

--- Quote ---“And you think I’m the missing piece?” Kellhus asked. “The Subject that will revive this ... system?”

Was that why the Chorae had been removed from the Carapace? For him? It seemed to Malowebi that he strangled ...

The nearest of the disfigured Dûnyain, the burnt one, nodded. “The Celmomian Prophecy foretells your coming, Brother.”
--- End quote ---

I also just realized that we are in the TGO section.  Should we spoiler this stuff, or move it to the TUC section?

The P:
Oh yeah, this should probably be moved.  I don't know how to spoiler tag from my phone, so I'll refrain from posting more.

H:

--- Quote from: The P on May 24, 2021, 11:22:51 pm ---Oh yeah, this should probably be moved.  I don't know how to spoiler tag from my phone, so I'll refrain from posting more.

--- End quote ---

No need, I split off the topic and moved it to TUC, so we can post away, spoiler tag free.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: H on May 24, 2021, 09:45:10 pm ---But they did, it's why they took the Chorae off the Carapace.

--- End quote ---
I heavily dispute this reasoning. In this case, first, they had enough time to put the Chorae back on after ultimately going with Kelmomas. Second, it is absolutely unclear that the Chorae would even damage the Insertant, since the Carapace is thick enough to serve as protection - the Chorae are on the outside of it, while the Insertant is inside.

The P:

--- Quote from: H on May 24, 2021, 09:45:10 pm ---
But they did, it's why they took the Chorae off the Carapace.

They even say as much:

--- Quote ---“And you think I’m the missing piece?” Kellhus asked. “The Subject that will revive this ... system?”

Was that why the Chorae had been removed from the Carapace? For him? It seemed to Malowebi that he strangled ...

The nearest of the disfigured Dûnyain, the burnt one, nodded. “The Celmomian Prophecy foretells your coming, Brother.”
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Still not convinced.  I will try to put out my thoughts.  I'm erratic and in sore need of a reread.  If the Celmomian Prophesy is the basis for their "knowledge" of needing Kellhus as an insertant, they are making some intense cognitive leaps (which I guess maybe I can't be expected to understand, them being Dunyain and all).  All the prophesy says is an Anasurimbor will return at the end of the world.  I don't think there's any more to it, since we are shown the scene where Celmomas says it to Seswatha.  That's so vague, it could mean any of the many Anasurimbors running around, why decide on the most difficult to grab?  I take the disfigured's nod to be more saying, "well, here you are, so we're going to plug you in and see what happens."

If they really think the Anasurimbor lineage is the key to awakening the No-God, why aren't they plugging in one of their own?  Surely at least one of the disfigured has some Anasurimbor blood in them.  If they knew the original insertant, it seems logical they'd want to try another Anasurimbor, but did the Consult even know who the original insertant was?  My impression was Nau-Cayuti was just another faceless attempt in a long procession of souls (but it's been a while since I read that scene).

It's easier for me to believe the Consult/Dunsult is ignorant of how to start the No-God than it is for me to believe they're just pretending to try to kill Kellhus to lure him in.  All the while ignoring any of his more accessible offspring or ishualian relations for 20 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version