Earwa > The Warrior-Prophet

The Dialectic of Esmenet

<< < (3/3)

Madness:
You're going to have to give me time with this one, locke. I should have portions of time coming up.

But I will mention that I used many of these same passages to imagine that these are instances of Kellhus' most successful conditioning. People seem to embrace his conditioning the more they project their own preconceptions onto him.

The Sharmat:
I think this time the cigar is just a cigar, and you're just seeing the inside view from a mind so perfectly conditioned by Kellhus that they've effectively become an extension of his will, no more independent entities than Kellhus' hands or his feet.I always found those passages deeply disturbing.

Poor Esmi. She really had no chance.

Madness:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on February 21, 2014, 03:38:26 am ---I always found those passages deeply disturbing.

--- End quote ---

Given the nature of Earwa, I think we have to wonder who stuck her in harm's way?

Somnambulist:

--- Quote from: Madness on February 21, 2014, 01:33:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: The Sharmat on February 21, 2014, 03:38:26 am ---I always found those passages deeply disturbing.

--- End quote ---

Given the nature of Earwa, I think we have to wonder who stuck her in harm's way?

--- End quote ---

Anagke?  Too much?

Madness:
Lol - not to me.

(click to show/hide)I do very much like some of the more qualified commentary coming out of Westeros in the past couple days that Yatwer would have something to do with Esmenet's fertility, the order of her kids, the fact the Samarmas and Kelmomas are the only two born after the abominations (defectives).
There is too much we still don't know about the interaction between the world and the Outside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version