Earwa > The Warrior-Prophet

Serwe: The horns...but I haven't heard the horns...

<< < (4/4)

Madness:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on February 21, 2014, 03:42:24 am ---I find it interesting how the readers seem to get caught up in Kellhus' deception of divinity at roughly the same pace Kellhus does.

--- End quote ---

That is noteworthy. lockesnow has slowly eroded any thoughts I had towards Kellhus' infallibility.

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on February 21, 2014, 03:42:24 am ---At that stage in his existence, Kellhus talks to people the same way you'd put coins in a vending machine. It's simply an action meant to trigger a desired conditioned response.

--- End quote ---

+1.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on February 21, 2014, 03:42:24 am ---I find it interesting how the readers seem to get caught up in Kellhus' deception of divinity at roughly the same pace Kellhus does.

--- End quote ---

Cool--did not notice that before

Frail:
I do like this idea, but I assumed this scene with Serwe was a way to show the progression of time, how the characters have gotten used to the basic routines of the great host's migration.

I think its easy to say two hundred thousand people marched south towards Shimeh, but this is one of those small details that grounds the book so well. It's not just a cute relatable moment with Serwe waking up before an alarm clock like many of us do. I also like ending a chapter or a scene with some greater event (horns in the distance, host will now move,) moving the plot forward. At least in my mind I see people already starting to decamp and take down the tents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version