[TUC SPOILERS] A mundane answer to a series-spanning question

• 19 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:04:43 pm »
In Wert's review, he writes:

There are some revelations here that will have the reader nodding in approval, others that will be mystifying and several that are surprising in both their content and their elegance (one, extraordinarily important, answer to a vital series-spanning question would even border on the mundane, but the implications of the revelation are far-reaching)

Any ideas as to what the series-spanning question is?  There aren't a ton of them, really.  My best guess is: "why did Moenghus (really) leave Ishual?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:14:58 pm by profgrape »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »
Perhaps it is the answer to the question, "why did they Inchoroi think any of this was a good idea?"
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 05:13:05 pm »
What led the Dunyain to Ishual?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 06:33:06 pm »
What led the Dunyain to Ishual?

I really like this P. grape. But, I don't see the answer to that being very elegant.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 07:40:24 pm »
Unless that answer is "Seswatha gave them the map" :-)

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 07:58:03 pm »

Which would not totally surprise me.
Mystery denotes darkness

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

Not very elegant, though...
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 08:42:57 pm »

G-strings rarely are  ;)
Mystery denotes darkness

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »
Duh guys. WHAT DO YOU SEE?
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 10:12:41 pm »
DAMN YOU GEOFFROBRO YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT :-)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:13 pm »

Brilliant!!🍻

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:46 pm »

G-strings rarely are  ;)

Lol. I like em!!!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 12:39:05 pm »
Against the advice of fellow posters, i think the long play at hand is going to be Moe. Yes, i am not ready to give up on the dream!

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 02:36:04 pm »

OTOH --- perhaps these are the very last words of TUC. And the cliffhanger mentioned by Wert and Pat.
Mystery denotes darkness

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 02:48:14 pm »

OTOH --- perhaps these are the very last words of TUC. And the cliffhanger mentioned by Wert and Pat.
This is great!  Crackpot: the original No-God is future Kellhus captured by an ancestral link through Nau-Cayuti.  So the No-God asking that question is actually Kellhus!