• 19 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 04:21:36 pm »
If nothing else, every Inchoroi that we have seen must have had a soul as the entire species went through the sorcery-graphing. All the ones that failed, died, and all the ones that succeeded went on to carry the war forward.

Sorcery Graphting might have been a forceful addition of a soul into a un-souled vessel, rather than something genetic like we usually assume. Though, this doesn't seem terribly likely given that I'm pretty sure the IF was used to keep the Inchoroi in line through the eons.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:19 pm »
Though, this doesn't seem terribly likely given that I'm pretty sure the IF was used to keep the Inchoroi in line through the eons.

I think this is likely the best evidence that all Inchoroi were souled.  Because they were specifically made to work toward the end of saving the Progenitor's souls, with the goad of saving their own.  Would not make much sense for them to not have any then.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 01:50:35 am »
Though, this doesn't seem terribly likely given that I'm pretty sure the IF was used to keep the Inchoroi in line through the eons.

I think this is likely the best evidence that all Inchoroi were souled.  Because they were specifically made to work toward the end of saving the Progenitor's souls, with the goad of saving their own.  Would not make much sense for them to not have any then.
I concur.

Khaine

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 09:17:47 am »
Maybe this has been raised elsewhere, but what happened to the progenitors?

Do we know? Were they riding along in the Ark and died during the fall?

Were they already dead when the mad quest for salvation started?

Is there another thread on this issue? I tried to search the word progenitor but I got no hits.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:49:37 am by Khaine »
Knowing was the foundation of ignorance. To think that one *knew* was to become utterly blind to the unknown.

R. Scott Baker, The White Luck Warrior, chapter 12.

ἕν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδέν οἶδα

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 10:12:10 am »
Maybe this has been raised elsewhere, but what happened to the progenitors?

Do we know? Were they riding along in the Ark and died during the fall?

Were they already dead when the mad quest for salvation started?

Is there another thread on this issue? I tried to search the word progenitor but I got to hits.

Unfortunately we must keep the posts brief at the moment, but the short answer, I think, is no, we don't know what happened to them.

Personally, I think they were on board Ark, because it just makes more sense to me.  One, it can be a call to something like Noah's Arc, and two, if Ark succeeded, what good would that do the Progenitors on the other side of the galaxy?  I don't buy the notion, personally, of a Universal Outside, even though I do think an Outside is Universal.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira