Hiding your Voice

• 55 Replies

Garet Jax

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »
...and his worship of the Solitary God was a sham.

Not saying you are wrong, but do we know this?

I can't remember that clearly.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 12:57:15 am »
Moenghus says that he found nothing Outside to contradict fundamental Dunyain principles. Sounds like he doesn't worship the Solitary God to me.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 12:47:19 pm »
Yeah like The Sharmat said, he knows of the outside/gods/etc, but claims the the Dunyain principles, especially the before-after cause/effect cycle, is not contradicted with its existence. I guess we don't know, but Moe certainly seemed the model Dunyain, much more so than Kellhus, and worship is a very non-Dunyain thing.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 06:40:03 am »
That makes sense to me too, but Moe does say something like "The God sleeps.  Ever has it been thus.  Only through blah blah can we awaken it..." 

Not sure what that means.  He might not literally be referring to the God but is perhaps just using a synonym for the Dunyain's Absolute?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 06:07:18 am »

Not sure what that means.

It means kwisatz haderach, I think.

All typ0s courtesy of Samsung.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 05:08:41 am »

Not sure what that means.

It means kwisatz haderach, I think.

All typ0s courtesy of Samsung.

:P  Circumfix = box o' hand pain

Kellhus is not human

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
No no circumfix would either be the spice-trance, or the pain that induced Miles Teg to be super human

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »
No no circumfix would either be the spice-trance, or the pain that induced Miles Teg to be super human

circumfix is a ghola 'remembering'?

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 03:06:11 am »
I think Moenghus' comments, together with the Inchoroi's interstellar origins, suggest that damnation and a non-anthropomorphized God exist independent of what's going on in Earwa, with its sorcery and its Outside. He's telling Kellhus that, while those things are real, they are not what they facially appear to be, and should not displace his pursuit of the Logos.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 03:16:00 pm »
I'm convinced that both the Solitary God exists, is probably responsible for "objective" damnation, and works independently from the Hundred.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2015, 07:01:53 pm »
is it possible sorcerers stopped hiding their voices simply because the tusk unilaterally declared them damned and they simply believed it?  Or is there something to the nonman 'worship of the spaces between the gods' that is functionally demanding for humans?  Perhaps our short lives make true worship of oblivion impossible?  BTW i think the solitary god is the sum total of all existence, hence his solitary nature.
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 07:23:40 pm »
What about the Blood of the Onta, which stains the Nonmen as deeply as anyone else? I associate that with some kind metaphysical presence in the outside, especially once you die. It doesn't seem lke they are really hiding much of anything.

Certainly though increased lifespan, indeed an immortal life, may make worshipping oblivion possible.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 08:01:18 am »
That makes sense to me too, but Moe does say something like "The God sleeps.  Ever has it been thus.  Only through blah blah can we awaken it..." 

Not sure what that means.  He might not literally be referring to the God but is perhaps just using a synonym for the Dunyain's Absolute?
That's how I read it. But who knows? There's a lot about Moenghus we'll probably never know, since his son and Cnaiur cut our time with him short

I'm convinced that both the Solitary God exists, is probably responsible for "objective" damnation, and works independently from the Hundred.
I'm more and more beginning to suspect that whoever holds the Judging Eye gets to set the standard for damnation. Unfortunately it currently resides in an abused, misanthropic woman that has been conditioned by her upbringing to believe the world is fundamentally unfair.

is it possible sorcerers stopped hiding their voices simply because the tusk unilaterally declared them damned and they simply believed it?  Or is there something to the nonman 'worship of the spaces between the gods' that is functionally demanding for humans?  Perhaps our short lives make true worship of oblivion impossible?  BTW i think the solitary god is the sum total of all existence, hence his solitary nature.
If Shaeonanra, Aurang, and Mekeritrig are to be believed, the "hiding your voice" thing never really worked anyway.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:28 am »

wow that is devious!  if the Consult angled at getting human sorcerers damned via the Tusk, would it be for spite only or are they working some kind of angle in the Outside (and not just sealing the world)?  i keep getting this impression from the Inchoroi that they have this mission to seal the world and they are bent on pursuing it even if many of them perish in the process.  that is, it doesn't matter if Sil is himself individually damned, it's only important that the Inchoroi scheme go forward.  that makes me think that maybe part of the Inchoroi scheme involves being able to reclaim the damned, to bring them back.  the Inchoroi sure throw there lives away for being so knowledgeable about damnation

s Ī n Ī ster to Ā st

• Emwama
  • We.Are.War
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 10:39:09 am »
@mrganondorf, since it's been theorized that the No-God traps souls and prevents them from going to the Outside maybe it can also pull souls back from the Outside into the physical world as well, that way no matter the amount of casualties the Inchoroi know they can bring the others back once the No-God has been awakened again.
I am the falcon of
the morning, the hawk of
the afternoon. I am the sun,
as you are, and I know the
True Name of Ra. My
mother told me