Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Dunyain Weakness

<< < (3/19) > >>

Cüréthañ:

--- Quote from: Madness on November 28, 2013, 12:06:46 pm ---Moot point - the Ordeal has recombined as one at the end of the WLW.

--- End quote ---

Eh, I was talking about how the regular army and the Volkanti were pretty much destroyed.  For the sake of speculation, assume that the Mandati did not suffer so badly (they were seperated from the main conflict and then assailed by their contemperaries, who didn't have the gnosis...)  Kellhus rounds up the survivors and grossly overstates the losses amongst the mandate and then spreads them out amongst the army, causing misinformation on the Ordeal's strength and disposition.  The sheer size of the ordeal means that the consult has to rely on torture and espionage for intel as it is.  Of course Kellhus is going to be engaged in tactical subterfuge and counter espionage, this is just one possibility.

Note that he has Mandati such as Ekyanus already split off on assignments with different segments of the army earlier.

Madness:
Stretching, sonny son.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think the Consult so easily fooled (and I agree that the Mandate wouldn't have lost as many as the Vokalati, however, both are surely affected by Carindusu's error).

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Madness on November 28, 2013, 12:43:45 pm ---Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think the Consult so easily fooled (and I agree that the Mandate wouldn't have lost as many as the Vokalati, however, both are surely affected by Carindusu's error).

--- End quote ---
They are called the Few for a reason.

I now agree with the term meatshield. The confusion was that I thought meatshield was synonymous with useless and expendable. They do fill an important role, everyone knows that any good party has to have a Tank, though its not a very complex one.

Madness:
Lol - because I think it's hilarious and because the Great God Procrastidemus demands sacrifice ('cause editing papers is for suckers, just like walking and rain):

Meatshield: The majority of the non-Few, especially those without Chorae, who serve as fodder, to hew Sranc and to be so hewed, in order to convey the Few as unscathed as possible to Golgotterath.

Metameatshield: The Great Ordeal entire, Few and non-Few, who serve as fodder, to hew Sranc and Quya and to be so hewed, in order to convey Anasurimbor Kellhus personally as unscathed as possible to Golgotterath.

Wilshire:
lmao yes. Henceforth these terms have been defined.

11/28/2013

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version