Earwa > The Judging Eye

The Replacement Witch

<< < (3/5) > >>

mrganondorf:
@ Wilshire

--- Quote ---Fake chorae would have little use. Schoolmen can 'feel' them, so they wouldn't be tricked. The fair market value of a chorae is so immense that I feel like most people wouldn't be duped into buying them. Apparently the marriage of Heirs is the only transaction that might warrant an exchange or purchase of the Trinkets. Non-Great Names will almost never have one unless it was inherited. (I have my own issues with that apparent truth given to use near the beginning, but that's off topic ).
--- End quote ---

I was counting on the fake chorae thriving on the never-ending supply of fools in the world!  This does make me think of some interesting issues: the schoolman had better do routine checks on their chorae stock and keep meticulous records because a javreh with debts might be tempted to sell one and fix the blame on someone else.  :)

There might be a legitimate fake chorae market too.  Javreh got to practice, the real thing is too expensive to let out of the vault, but they need to know weight and such for firing chorae bolts.  The Scarlet Spires may have extremely exacting standards for the production of fake chorae to have their troops battle-ready.  :P

I know this idea doesn't have much to go on, but I still reserve a little bit of my mind that chorae are even harder to detect than we think.  As far as I can remember, the only pov's that feel the chorae's mark are schoolmen and Mimara, so it seems at least a little bit possible that they are simply lumps of iron to you unless you are stained or have the judging eye.  IDK

The real chorae market would be an interesting thing too.  Surely they are found/sold sometimes.  Houses that fall into debt can sell, merchants who make enough can at least inquire about buying.  Maybe you can get one a lot cheaper if you travel to Sakarpus?

@ Madness

--- Quote ---The Thousand Temples had the College of Luthymae (featured in my Swayal story). All the secular factions must use the non-Marked Few as such, especially the Inrithi faithful. But the Schools. They probably train all their Few.
--- End quote ---

I was thinking along the lines of the schools using people that were too old to be taught sorcery when they were found, but still useful as spies.  If I were the Scarlet Spires I would keep people like this around.  Get some old dude who useless except that he's unstained but can see stains and have him sit up front with the receptionist to make sure only SS people walk in.  Use these kind of folks to look out for marked Mandati bothering javreh in bars.  Or if anyone with the Gift can see chorae, keep an auditor about to keep track of the schools chorae.

Madness:

--- Quote from: mrganondorf on April 15, 2014, 11:21:02 pm ---@ Madness

--- Quote ---The Thousand Temples had the College of Luthymae (featured in my Swayal story). All the secular factions must use the non-Marked Few as such, especially the Inrithi faithful. But the Schools. They probably train all their Few.
--- End quote ---

I was thinking along the lines of the schools using people that were too old to be taught sorcery when they were found, but still useful as spies.  If I were the Scarlet Spires I would keep people like this around.  Get some old dude who useless except that he's unstained but can see stains and have him sit up front with the receptionist to make sure only SS people walk in.  Use these kind of folks to look out for marked Mandati bothering javreh in bars.  Or if anyone with the Gift can see chorae, keep an auditor about to keep track of the schools chorae.

--- End quote ---

You're reaching :P.

mrganondorf:
In the absence of TUC, I'm determine to reimagine Earwa until it resembles Office Space.  :)

Madness:
Lmao... my buddy used to get so upset that I hadn't seen that movie. But I rectified that.

Somnambulist:
Way off topic, but in direct relation to your last comment, if you liked Office Space, you should check out Silicon Valley.  Fkn hilarious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version