Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog TJE - Chapters 13 & 14 [Spoilers]

<< < (2/4) > >>

themerchant:
Ignorance is Kellhus greatest tool as well, according to Uncle Holy.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: themerchant on March 25, 2016, 03:17:57 pm ---Ignorance is Kellhus greatest tool as well, according to Uncle Holy.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. Men's ignorance of the darkness that comes before.

profgrape:
1. Chapter 14, during Akka's dream:

--- Quote ---Seswatha shook his head. "Is it stocked with beer or with concubines?"
"Seeds," Celmomas replied, his eyes smiling over the rim of his cup.  The golden wolf's head braided into the centre of his beard seemed to glower from beneath his wrist.

--- End quote ---

Celmomas' mysterious "seeds" comment has led to a lot of speculation, ranging from the straightforward, that it was a refuge for his line to continue in case things went south, to the Nerdanelian, that his is literally referring to his seed and that all of the Dunyain are sons of Celmomas.

One of the many things we hope is cleared up in TGO.

2. Chapter 14, Cleric's sermon:

--- Quote ---"The dark?" Galian said, and his voice warm and human -- and as such, so very frail. "Holy?"
The Nonmen lifted his flawless white face to the light, smiled at the Nansur scalper's questioning gaze.
"Of course...  Think on it, my mortal friend.  The dark is oblivion made manifest.  And oblivion encircles us always.  It is the ocean, and we are naught but silvery bubbles.  It leans all about us.  You see it every time you glimpse the horizon -- though you know it not..."

--- End quote ---

I never noticed this until now.  But what he's describing sounds like "dark matter".  Which in turn makes me think about how the Outside often sounds a lot like space.

I've a couple of additional thoughts on this that I'll save for when we dig into WLW.

geoffrobro:
at the end of chapter 13 in the middle of Porsparians "spit spell" Sorweel recalls a moment when he burn his slave by accident with a "tear" (im guessing he means a chorae).

--- Quote ---But something,some religious witness perhaps, held him back. He remembered the incident with the tear, When Porsparian had burned his palm, and a hollowing anxiousness seized him. He felt lika a thing of paper, creased and rolled and folded into the shape of a man. Any gust, it seemed, could make a kite of him, toss him to the arches of heaven. What new madness was this?
--- End quote ---

So Porsparian is some type of sorcerer maybe with a mark and is the shell of a man pretty much. 

Out there thought, Kellhus knows whats happening to Sorweel and allowing the "Yatwer success building process" happen to Sorweel so he can.... I have no idea.   

MSJ:

--- Quote ---I never noticed this until now.  But what he's describing sounds like "dark matter".  Which in turn makes me think about how the Outside often sounds a lot like space.
--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think of the Outside as space? I ask because I've thought that before, but the Inchoroi coning from another world kinda ruined it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version