Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog WLW - Chapter 7 [Spoilers]

<< < (2/2)

Bolivar:

--- Quote from: MSJ on April 25, 2016, 09:04:36 pm --- 
I agree and concede that H probably has the right of it. Its what makes sense, and I like your comparison of the GO and First Holy War, and how the hid an alternative agenda. Still, you have to admit, if there is Holy scriptures of the GO then in the eyes of Earwanians Kellhus is indeed a Savior.

--- End quote ---

I agree and that's what makes this series so engrossing: there's room for both scenarios to be right. My reading is that Kellhus' only goal is to attain the Absolute, to which all other ends are subverted. It would make sense if the Earwans see Kellhus as having become one with the God when this comes to fruition, regardless if that's what actually happens when this comes to fruition.   I actually speculate that the third series is The Self-Moving Soul or The Solitary God. But it's possible for Kellhus to be an amoral manipulator-tyrant while still "awakening the God" as Moenghus puts it. This is the ultimate mystery of Earwa, the Dunyain, and the Inchoroi, as summed up by Moenghus, the paradox that the World can be open yet closed at the same time.

Maybe the third series will be Achamian/Mimara/Kelmomas trying to defuse this lie, inadvertently bringing about the Second, Semantic Apocalypse and the death of meaning (while Sakarpus, Zeüm, and Jek try to destroy the Empire).

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on April 25, 2016, 09:04:36 pm ---I agree and concede that H probably has the right of it. Its what makes sense, and I like your comparison of the GO and First Holy War, and how the hid an alternative agenda. Still, you have to admit, if there is Holy scriptures of the GO then in the eyes of Earwanians Kellhus is indeed a Savior.
--- End quote ---

Sure, a "savior" as in, ended the Consult, but a true savior, that is one who is actually invested in saving the populace from damnation, I don't think so.

--- Quote from: Bolivar on April 25, 2016, 09:46:35 pm ---I agree and that's what makes this series so engrossing: there's room for both scenarios to be right. My reading is that Kellhus' only goal is to attain the Absolute, to which all other ends are subverted. It would make sense if the Earwans see Kellhus as having become one with the God when this comes to fruition, regardless if that's what actually happens when this comes to fruition.   I actually speculate that the third series is The Self-Moving Soul or The Solitary God. But it's possible for Kellhus to be an amoral manipulator-tyrant while still "awakening the God" as Moenghus puts it. This is the ultimate mystery of Earwa, the Dunyain, and the Inchoroi, as summed up by Moenghus, the paradox that the World can be open yet closed at the same time.

Maybe the third series will be Achamian/Mimara/Kelmomas trying to defuse this lie, inadvertently bringing about the Second, Semantic Apocalypse and the death of meaning (while Sakarpus, Zeüm, and Jek try to destroy the Empire).

--- End quote ---

Recall that in one of the WLW chapters, we are literally told by the "narrator" that the Great Ordeal is nothing more than a vehicle to get The Few to Golgotterath.

I think there is a fair chance that Mimara's child is the one who the third series will revolve around.  Probably fighting the Godly-Kellhus to restore Earwa back to how it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version