Earwa > TGO ARC Discussion

[TGO SPOILERS] Aorsi/Dagliash

(1/17) > >>

Madness:
The Great Ordeal has reconvened following the disaster at Irsulor and The Aspect-Emperor gives the dread command to consume their foe...

mrganondorf:
just love how The Meat totally changes the character of the Ordeal
---
Saubon dying, reaching for himself OMG!!!

H:
So, Dagliash itself, most certainly was a trap, that much is pretty obvious.  The question though is a trap for what?  The Bashrags with the Chorae along with the golden "bomb"seem to imply to me that it was meant as a trap for all the sorcerers, rather than the mundane forces of the Great Ordeal.

Seemingly though, Kellhus realizes the trap and "diffuses" the bomb to some extent, or controls it's detonation to some degree.  I don't think the bomb was supposed to rise of it's own accord...unless, of course, Aurang had it rise up, which is why he shows up then disappears.

Somnambulist:
Imo, I think it was the best place the Consult had to spring something like that.  They would have known, through the Nonman agents in Ishterebinth, about the stipulation to retake Dagliash.  It was a setup to get the Ordeal to be in one place, more or less, to try to take them out.  I don't know if Kellhus dredging it up made the effect worse or not.  I think the intended target was Kellhus himself, anyone/anything else would be a bonus.  Consult be like 'WTF, even nukes can't kill Dunyain!'

H:
Well, I don't think the main aim was really to take out Kellhus, I think they know have to know he is beyond the same kind of trap that they got Titirga with, since Kellhus can just teleport.  The rest of the sorcerers though, they'd definitely get caught in the "no Ground in the Well" thing, for sure.

Which brings me to a major question though, what the hell is up with the half-dead then seemingly walking to Golgotterath?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version