Earwa > TGO ARC Discussion

[TGO SPOILERS] ... (and other criticism of TGO)

<< < (6/6)

SilentRoamer:
No Madness there were a number of instances where this was other characters dialogue. It seemed to be obvious to me to have a deeper meaning or significance. I think it might be a way of Bakker showing us perception flaws from a Whelming or something. It was noticeable though so I'll try dig a few quotes out. I remember it not just being spoken dialogue but inner monologues as well.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: SilentRoamer on July 04, 2016, 08:01:28 pm ---The one thing that annoyed me were the double words.

They-they and things-things like that. It almost felt like there was a reason for it and became annoying for me.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Madness on July 05, 2016, 02:11:35 pm ---Was that only Theliopa?

--- End quote ---
In the Mimara TGO Poster the quote there has a repeated hyphenated word in it.

MisterGuyMan:
It's a minor gripe but reading The Great Ordeal really made me dislike the title for "The Whiteluck Warrior" since he died without much impact to the story.  He killed Maithanet, true, but all the other topic titles referred to concepts with much more far reaching impact.  The Warrior Prophet might be an exception but that was the entire focus of the book.  Every other title is about huge game changers in the world and they're all relevant in every book that comes after it.  The Shortest Path would have been a much better title IMO.

Madness:
Unrelated aside, but apparently Bakker never liked the title The Great Ordeal when it was a placeholder for The Judging Eye.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: MisterGuyMan on July 11, 2016, 07:02:48 pm ---It's a minor gripe but reading The Great Ordeal really made me dislike the title for "The Whiteluck Warrior" since he died without much impact to the story.  He killed Maithanet, true, but all the other topic titles referred to concepts with much more far reaching impact.  The Warrior Prophet might be an exception but that was the entire focus of the book.  Every other title is about huge game changers in the world and they're all relevant in every book that comes after it.  The Shortest Path would have been a much better title IMO.

--- End quote ---

I think the WLW and his death had pretty far reaching implications. His death seems to indicate even Yatwer is not omnipotent, and she is as blind to the darkness as everyone else. That's a game changer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version