Earwa > The Great Ordeal

(TGO SPOILERS) Ishterebinth

<< < (19/20) > >>

Francis Buck:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 07, 2017, 06:24:38 pm ---Pretty sure something about finding out a Ciphrang's name lets you summon it.

--- End quote ---

Oh, good call! That also dovetails interestingly (in some way I cannot yet fathom) with the Nonmen's concerns that Kellhus might be a "substitution" or some agency of the Outside.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 07, 2017, 06:24:38 pm ---Pretty sure something about finding out a Ciphrang's name lets you summon it.

--- End quote ---

hmmm....

Monkhound:
Another interesting development in the Ishterebinth section:

In chapter 7, we have a PoV of Serwa in which we are explained that she sees everything as unreal/ false, and that only Father (Kellhus) is and has ever been real.

Chapter 12 ends with Serwa seeing Sorweel as real (it's even there in italics) after he intercepts the Chorae aimed at her in mid-air.

Wilshire:
What do you think that implies?
What changed in sorweel and what made him similar to Kellhus in her eyes?

At first I was thinking it might be something metaphysical, but actually this might just be a case of mundane affection seen through the eyes of someone unable or unwilling to conconciously aknowledge it

Monkhound:
We get explained that the Amiolas "weds" the soul of the one wearing it to the soul of a headstrong and self-punishing Ishroi. I suppose Sorweel's soul got "completed" in a way, making him real and thus unalterable.

Edit: ... because she can no longer see the tears in the fabric of reality that make him false.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version