Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] The Survivors

(1/11) > >>

Francis Buck:
Given the ambiguity of the ending, a surprisingly large number of the core cast may still be alive, in one form or another. On the other hand, virtually everyone could be dead. Since we are unlikely to get an answer to this whatsoever until the next book, I imagine there will be a lot of discussion on the possibilities.

In terms of who survived Golgotterath, I think there are some which are nearly guaranteed, at least as much as anything can be guaranteed in this series.

My own thoughts, after only a cursory re-reading of select scenes, is listed roughly from most to least likely:

(click to show/hide)
(For convenience I'm kind of going on the assumption that the next series will start off right on the heels of TUC, though really I could just as easily see another time skip)

Achamian
Esmenet
Akka & Mimara's baby
Mimara (kind of a coin flip -- though I think if she does die, it will be early on.)
Son of the Survivor
Moe Jr.
Kayutas
Serwa

Four Mutilated - I think it goes without saying that these fuckers are still around.
Kelmomas - I don't think he's dead, but I'm not sure he's alive either.

Aurax - Pretty sure he survived? Which brings me to...
Aurang - We are told that he was killed and "thrown upon the Horde", but I haven't re-read that sequence yet, and unless it's very clear cut, then I'm not convinced he's truly done with, if only because I find the idea of a disgraced Aurang and Aurax possibly teaming up with "the good guys" to be very compelling.

Kellhus - Even more convoluted than the situation with Kelmomas to me. I mean, I think he's probably "dead", but in a fashion not unlike how Cnaiur is "dead", only probably even more complicated.

Cuttlefish:
I think I agree with your list, with two exceptions.

(click to show/hide)To me, it seemed clear that Mimara survived and will survive; the Judging Eye feels like it'll become relevant further down the road.

And I'm not sure if Serwa survived; she's among my favourite characters, so I wish she'd, but her "death" section felt like it could be the end. After she suffers a mortal wound, she fights the dragon and eventually crashes down, with debris falling on her. That's pretty dead-y. But I really hope she survived.

I think the next series will start off where this one left, perhaps a day or two later. It'll probably chronicle the journey back to the Three Seas in quick, narrative chapters instead of dragging it out.

lastborn:
Meppa, definitely.

Another plot point "dropped" so to speak is Simas, the skin-spy with a soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter:
Moe Jr.'s Scylvendi have Excursi, but I don't know if those work once the No-God is in direct control.  If they don't, that host is in incredible danger this close to the Horde.

H:
I feel pretty confident that somehow Akka, Esmenet, Mimara and Akka Jr. are all still alive.

Serwa seems dead, as are the rest of the kids, I think, maybe Kyutas lives.

Cnaiur is "dead" but like Kellhus, I don't think that is the last we'll see of him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version