Earwa > The Unholy Consult

Why would the Inchoroi fear damnation?

(1/12) > >>

Yellow:
We learn through the series that particular nasty individuals, those with the strongest wild, who have the most vile ill - intent, tend to become Ciphrang.

But not the Inchoroi? I don't buy it. By all the reasoning given, Aurang for sure, and probably *all* of the Inchoroi, fall into this category.

The Sharmat:
I don't think just being really evil is all it takes to be a ciphrang. We only see two, maybe three confirmed cases. And even then, being a Ciphrang isn't necessarily very fun. Gin'yursis seemed to be suffering quite profoundly even as the master of his own mini-hell.

Yellow:
But Cnaiur would enjoy himself quite a lot, I think. Anyway, the point is that as nasty a piece of work Cnauir (or Ginyursis or any of them are)or how strong willed they are, they pale in comparison, no? Ten thousand years of hatred, of inflicting misery and pain, drenched in suffering and malice. Come on!

jurble:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on August 06, 2017, 07:16:51 pm ---I don't think just being really evil is all it takes to be a ciphrang. We only see two, maybe three confirmed cases. And even then, being a Ciphrang isn't necessarily very fun. Gin'yursis seemed to be suffering quite profoundly even as the master of his own mini-hell.

--- End quote ---

Right, Gin'yursis, confirmed as Ciphrang, still talked about himself being damned.  So "better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven" doesn't really apply to Ciphrang.  Sure, you aren't getting eaten, but it doesn't seem pleasant.

Yellow:
OK, I fear we're missing the point. Let me rephrase the question not as "why would they fear damnation" but rather "why wouldn't they all be Ciphrang".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version