Earwa > The Great Ordeal

Timing the incident between Theliopa and Inrilatas?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: SuJuroit on February 27, 2018, 07:25:21 pm ---Well, Serwa also had more balance than Theli, and didn't suffer from the sort of eccentricities that affected her sister.  She was also constantly described as being incredibly beautiful, and we know from the 1st series Kellhus found that useful in Serwe (we also know he had no compunctions using that beauty for his own ends).  So even if she wasn't one of the Few, I could see Serwa being of more use to Kellhus than Theli.  But I absolutely agree that if Theli was one of the Few she'd have been treated very differently, ditto if Serwa wasn't one of the Few.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point, SuJuroit, Kellhus would definitely use Serwa's looks for his advantage in whatever way he saw fit. The thing is, I keep thinking of how Serwa is much more intelligent than Serwë, and therefore it might not work the same way... But then again, she is also extremely loyal to her father, and I'd assume that would be the same in an alternate universe where she wasn't of the Few.
Non-Few Serwa wouldn't be such an useful piece in Kellhus' game, that's for sure.
A Thelli that was of the Few is an intriguing idea...how would that work in this alternate universe? Like you said, she doesn't have that balance that Serwa does, and is too focused in her own interests. Maybe she expanding her sorcerous talents would be one of her interests in this AU, who knows. She definitely wouldn't have been the beloved Grandmistress of the Swayali Witches Serwa is, lacking her sister's charisma.

SuJuroit:
I have to assume that non-Few Serwa would reach the same conclusion as canon Serwa; Father is smarter and stronger so I should make myself useful to him and his TTT.

Tough to say what Few-Theli would be, but since sorcerers that can use meta-gnostic cants are pretty much the most valuable military asset imaginable, I'm sure Kellhus would have found a role for her in the Ordeal.

Madness:
Aside, but I think pertinent to the last couple comments, Theli was already likely immensely useful as Hitchhiker's Guide to Earwa. On her death it takes "fairly every advisor in the room" (badly paraphrasing) to answer the Away Exalt-General's questions in Theli's absence.

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: SuJuroit on February 28, 2018, 06:42:24 pm ---I have to assume that non-Few Serwa would reach the same conclusion as canon Serwa; Father is smarter and stronger so I should make myself useful to him and his TTT.

Tough to say what Few-Theli would be, but since sorcerers that can use meta-gnostic cants are pretty much the most valuable military asset imaginable, I'm sure Kellhus would have found a role for her in the Ordeal.

--- End quote ---

True, that's why I mentioned the loyalty to her father in my previous post. In this what-if scenario, Serwa would surely still be useful, just not as useful as canon Serwa is to Kellhus.

This what-if scenario I found myself taking the thread into is just so fascinating to me. That seems the logical course of action for Kellhus, but it's just so bizarre (and somewhat amusing) imagining Few-Thelli (with the same personality, or mostly the same, as canon Thelli) in the Ordeal.

--- Quote from: Madness on March 03, 2018, 01:43:45 pm ---Aside, but I think pertinent to the last couple comments, Theli was already likely immensely useful as Hitchhiker's Guide to Earwa. On her death it takes "fairly every advisor in the room" (badly paraphrasing) to answer the Away Exalt-General's questions in Theli's absence.

--- End quote ---

Yes, very true, and I did mention that before when I speculated about the reasons behind Kellhus making Thelli Imperial Adviser at 12. I guess that in the what-if scenario SuJuroit and I have been discussing, having Few-Thelli with the Ordeal would be a significant loss to Esmenet at Momemn. She would definitely need to invest in more advisors...

themerchant:
Kellhus wasn't even about I imagine for most of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version