Earwa > General Earwa

Inri Sejenus

(1/4) > >>

TheCulminatingApe:
We never learn much about Inri Sejenus, do we?  Which seems a little bit suspicious given that he's the series Jesus-analogue.

The Glossaries state that he was born c.2159 (note the c. - therefore his birth is ambiguous).  This is only four years after the defeat of the No-God at Mengedda (and could be less if he was born earlier), and overlaps with the life of Seswatha, who doesn't die until 2168.

Is Sejenus therefore a byproduct of the First Apocalypse - i.e. has his mission been imparted to him by a significant survivor/survivors/protagonist, or is he a totally independent occurrence?  We know he reinterprets the Tusk, and we also know that the Consult were responsible for 'editing' the Tusk prior to the Breaking of the Gates.  What's going on?

Inri also sounds similar to Inrau - which could just be coincidence, but Inrau does seem to have a 'holier' quality than the other characters.  A thematic link?

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: TheCulminatingApe on March 31, 2019, 06:26:37 pm ---We never learn much about Inri Sejenus, do we?  Which seems a little bit suspicious given that he's the series Jesus-analogue.

The Glossaries state that he was born c.2159 (note the c. - therefore his birth is ambiguous).  This is only four years after the defeat of the No-God at Mengedda (and could be less if he was born earlier), and overlaps with the life of Seswatha, who doesn't die until 2168.

Is Sejenus therefore a byproduct of the First Apocalypse - i.e. has his mission been imparted to him by a significant survivor/survivors/protagonist, or is he a totally independent occurrence?  We know he reinterprets the Tusk, and we also know that the Consult were responsible for 'editing' the Tusk prior to the Breaking of the Gates.  What's going on?

Inri also sounds similar to Inrau - which could just be coincidence, but Inrau does seem to have a 'holier' quality than the other characters.  A thematic link?

--- End quote ---
Maybe the first skin spy? I don't know, there definitely has to be some kind of Consult connection.

Redeagl:
Skin spies were only created before PoN startes by a few hundred years.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Redeagl on April 01, 2019, 09:41:54 am ---Skin spies were only created before PoN startes by a few hundred years.

--- End quote ---
I think the books take places around 41xx year-of-the-tusk? And skin spies are said be like 300 years old, but I can't remember where we got that information from. Was it the Mandate that discovered one? Its possible they were around for a few hundered years before humans knew about them, but probably not another 500+ years.

So probably not skin-spies.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on April 01, 2019, 12:08:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Redeagl on April 01, 2019, 09:41:54 am ---Skin spies were only created before PoN startes by a few hundred years.

--- End quote ---
I think the books take places around 2800 year-of-the-tusk? And skin spies are said be like 300 years old, but I can't remember where we got that information from. Was it the Mandate that discovered one? Its possible they were around for a few hundered years before humans knew about them, but probably not another 500+ years.

So probably not skin-spies.

--- End quote ---
300 years was when the mandate stopped observing Consult agents. Skin spies must've been in the making a while before that though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version