Earwa > The Judging Eye

Audiobook?

<< < (2/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---I just find amusement  in bringing it up, I dont actually think there is anything you can do about it
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Well, I hope you are wrong :). They've got techies working on it - I really want to explore some keyword searches.

The author search works though.
--- End quote ---

Mithfânion:
Have to say I've been listening to some samples of the audobook and Kevin Orton's narration is truly excellent.
If I could find these in cd form, I'd have them.

Nil Sertrax:
I'm surprised that these works are on audio.  I was thinking the other day how difficult these would be to do in an audio format.  The changes from external to internal dialogue (often italicized in the text) in particular must be difficult.  How does the audio book differentiate these?  I feel like it would work better as an audio play or audio theater with different voices for different characters.  Is it confusing to listen to?

rhizome:

--- Quote from: Nil Sertrax on July 03, 2016, 02:54:48 pm ---I'm surprised that these works are on audio.  I was thinking the other day how difficult these would be to do in an audio format.  The changes from external to internal dialogue (often italicized in the text) in particular must be difficult.  How does the audio book differentiate these?  I feel like it would work better as an audio play or audio theater with different voices for different characters.  Is it confusing to listen to?

--- End quote ---

The changes from internal to external dialogue are mostly handled through different cadence, tone, pauses, etc.   It works surprisingly well but does take a little bit of time to get used to.  Might be really confusing for people who haven't read the books before listening to the audio.  Not sure I'd use them to try and introduce people to TSA.

And yes, it's amazing that the audiobooks exist at all, and that it looks like we'll end up with the complete series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version