Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Quotes worth quoting: The Wikiquote project

(1/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Looking for people to help immortalize some of Bakker's more interesting quotes from each book, so I am making this and similar topics for each book. There is the site, called wikiquotes, that is essentially for quoting your author, so Truth Shines' idea was that we could compile a large list of quotes and make a pretty epic page for Bakker.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/R._Scott_Bakker

If you'd like to see any quotes added, post them here and me or someone else will hopefully get around to putting them up on the wiki. Also, if possible, provide the page number, who said it, and the edition (including country).
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---"Periodically he would shout mock encouragement to Zsoronga, who would always reply by wishing him ill. Neither paid attention to what was said: the saying was all that mattered, the reminder that other souls endured the same congealed misery and somehow persevered" WLW pg 220, POV: Sorweel, USA Large Edition.
this may be one of my favorite quotes. Congealed misery is such a beautiful description.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Well if no one else will, I'll keep going when I stumble across good ones.

"Take away enough and people will treasure their afflictions ... If only to better accuse the world."
Mimara, WLW page 275,  USA Large Edition.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Someone will partake, at some point, Wilshire.

Christmas is especially busy for me... what with exams and work.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Haha I know. I like playing the cynic though, or maybe I actually am the cynic and I play the .. optimist i guess. ? Either way I entertain myself so its no trouble.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version