Earwa > The Great Ordeal

The Great Ordeal Official Release Date

(1/6) > >>

What Came Before:
UPDATE from Wilshire: JULY 12TH, 2016
Check out Bakker's blog or this post for more details.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse.

Take a seat, make a username, and stay awhile. This is the largest and most active  R. Scott Bakker fan community. We'll probably know the official date before anyone else, so stick around.

Future updates to come.

Madness:
Bakker has been cited as being close to finishing the first draft of The Unholy Consult. In the discussions I've had with people about publishing, a year is often the consensual date for published material after the submission of the first draft.

Golgotterath... is too far, Father...

Madness:
This from Bakker's blog, The Four Goads (at the Crossroads):

--- Quote ---So I finished the first draft of The Unholy Consult 3:14 pm, yesterday afternoon. Things are feeling kinda surreal – it’s been a helluva long haul, man! There’s still a tremendous amount of work to be done. I have exhaustive rewrites planned for a couple of the plot-lines – about a quarter of the book all told. But for whatever reason I became insanely meticulous fleshing out the master plot, and even though it remains uber-generic all the way down, I’m pretty sure nothing like it has been written before.  Whether that’s a good or bad thing, I don’t know. The best I can do is take it to the limit of my abilities and nothing more.
--- End quote ---

Madness:
In questing for all updates Bakker, I've found a TPB comment (thanks, Justin) asking after TUC's progress. Here's Bakker's response:

--- Quote ---Almost finished, Justin. I’m thinking about another week or so for the rewrite, a week for touch ups, and then I’ll be sending the ms out to my agent and editors. I’ll be making an announcement when the time comes.
--- End quote ---

Madness:

--- Quote from: Werthead, on 31 Jan 2014 ---Orbit are not anticipating a 2014 release date for The Unholy Consult, but are thinking 2015 if the final MS is handed in soon.

That might only change (my speculation, nothing from Orbit) if Overlook decide to go for an early release and Orbit decide to adjust to prevent early sales going to the American edition. And of course if all depends on when RSB hands in the final MS.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version