Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

TWLW Chapter Headers

<< < (3/3)

MSJ:

--- Quote from: Yellow on August 31, 2016, 08:31:45 pm ---So, there's a passage I've always been confused about regarding the 144k. It's from chapter 6 of WLW (page 187 according to my kindle app).

--- Quote ---

A sadness welled through the old Wizard as he walked and peered, a mourning that possessed the airy clutch of premonition. There was poetry in loss and ruin, a wisdom that even children and idiots understood. For a time he suffered the eerie sense that he walked one of the great capitals of the Three Seas, that these were the ruins of Momemn, Carythusal, or Invishi, and they were the Last Men, thirteen instead of the one hundred and forty-four thousand of legend, and that no matter how far they travelled, how many horizons they outran, all they would find was soot and broken stone.

--- End quote ---

Is Akka referring to some knowledge that the Consult want to reduce everyone to 144k, or is he referring to some other "legend"? I guess it could be either, but seems clear that it's generally known amongst the mandate at least.

You are the fist that beats us.

--- End quote ---

I believe it's well known that that's what the Consult was aiming to do during the FA. I thought this was mentioned throughout the series, I could be wrong though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version