Earwa > The Judging Eye

Reread - Questions and discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wilshire:
All the pieces were there   ;)

Madness:
The description of the Wight, bringing his own Outside reality into the world, is metaphor for Mimara when the Judging Eye flicks on... and ultimately then, the Judging Eye probably flickers and flickers before turning on permanently - so I hazard.

Either way, great allusion in the Wight, but God's objective Frame vs. Mimara's subjective Frame are both cool conceptions.

Awesome, Somnambulist.

EDIT:

--- Quote from: Kellais on August 13, 2013, 04:20:13 pm ---- This goes a bit in the same direction but i hope you keep reading  ;) The vision of Psatma Nannaferi at the beginning of the book...where she thinks the goddess herself visits her...do you guys think that this is for real? I mean are the gods in Scott's world real? If they are, do you think they interfere that directly? If not, what is happening here? Is the old priestess just nuts? Or are there darker schemes at work. I could totally see the consult behind this...trying everything to oppose Kellhus, even if they have to play a ruse like this instead of killing him directly.
--- End quote ---

Somnambulist thoughts of Subjectivity's Frame could also account for Psatma and really all interaction between the Outside. People are inhabited by the Outside, the Outside leaks in, but everyone, where the bead breaks, sees the Outside they want to see, because Desire rules the Outside. People see and create their own Heavens and Hells because of what they believe.

Somnambulist... you've earned title should you want it (though to be quite honest I don't think I've figured out how to stop you all from making your own titles).

EDIT EDIT:

Lol, seriously floored. This interaction would be cyclical in that, like viramsata, the very World/Outside enacts the Subjectivities (Lies, Truth, Relativities) of the various ensoulled beings that inhabit it. This would account for both the changes wrought by the theo/philosophical articulations by Nonmen and Humankind and the weight of belief.

Kellais:
Cool! Thanks guys for participating. Awesome ideas, all!

So you guys seem to think that it is the in-world functions that we should consider...but you do seem to think that the JE and also the visions of Psatma are, in that sense, real?! So it's not something as simple as Mimara being crazy or that the consult is playing games with Psatma. Hmm...interesting. I was really considering Scott just messing with us ... you know, kind of out-of-world messing with us as the author. From an in world perspective he lets us see stuff that makes sense in the context of the world he paints, but behind the scenes he is kind of teasing us with his theories about the consciousness and brain functions and all that.

On the other hand, i guess Somnambulist's theories kind of account for that...at least a bit.

But i think the basic idea is cool...so she can, with the power of her mind/imagination force reality...that's severe shit  ;D
Question is, though, is it real for everyone after she imposes it on the world? Or is this more in line of the philosophical line of thinking of "everything is just a dream" or "everyone only perceives his/her own "reality" and it is 100% subjective" aka "no two "realities" are the same" . Ouch...my head hurts  ;D

Oh and Madness, care to elaborate on that title remark? Is that a thing on this forum?  ;)

locke:

--- Quote from: Madness on August 14, 2013, 04:35:28 pm ---Somnambulist thoughts of Subjectivity's Frame could also account for Psatma and really all interaction between the Outside. People are inhabited by the Outside, the Outside leaks in, but everyone, where the bead breaks, sees the Outside they want to see, because Desire rules the Outside. People see and create their own Heavens and Hells because of what they believe.

Lol, seriously floored. This interaction would be cyclical in that, like viramsata, the very World/Outside enacts the Subjectivities (Lies, Truth, Relativities) of the various ensoulled beings that inhabit it. This would account for both the changes wrought by the theo/philosophical articulations by Nonmen and Humankind and the weight of belief.

--- End quote ---

almost as though people's souls stand astride the bounds of inward/outside and that the outside is nothing more than a fractured and distorted reflection of the inward.

That's the view Moenghus articulates of the Outside, at least.

Kellhus on the other hand has the belief of the Outside that it's "a thousand points of light" everyone shares a spark of the oversoul and hugs and kittens and damnation for all...

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Kellais on August 14, 2013, 04:57:08 pm ---
Oh and Madness, care to elaborate on that title remark? Is that a thing on this forum?  ;)

--- End quote ---
The offer on the last forum was that you could choose a custom title if you had 50+ posts ( think). I'd say about 1/2 the people that got there picked something, the rest didn't bother.
Its just an added descriptor displayed under your name when you post. I thought it was cool idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version