Earwa > The Warrior-Prophet

A question about Saubon at Mengedda

(1/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Mog Kellhus ---I have a question about the battle of Mengedda.

During the battle Saubon's old friend-manservant Kussalt died at his master's hands.Before he died he told Saubon i would have you know how much i hated you.. which shocked Saubon.Do you believe that it was really Kussalt speaking or something else happened there?Also during the same battle Saubon saw his own corpse among the dead.Did these incidents had only to do with the cursed plain of Mengedda or did something happened to Saubon there which we have yet to discover?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---There was lot of crazy shit happening at Mengedda.  Bones rising from the ground etc.  It wasn't just Saubon. 
I think that Kussalt was genuine - Saubon really is a jerk.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Brother_Jacob ---Agreed with Curethan, Saubon is simply just a bit of a cock.  Great character though, and clearly modelled after Richard the Lionheart. Quite a rash general though, slightly concerned that he's been given so much responsibility, but perhaps he's tempered this rashness given he's now more mature (and to be fair many of his rash decisions were driven by insecurity/ambition).
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Mog Kellhus ---Yes i also liked Saubon at PON its a shame we don't see much of him at AE so far.Perhaps he still has a role to play at UC there must be a reason Scott kept him around.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I would hazard that if you conceive of Kellhus' manipulations in TTT, Saubon has been largely misconstrued to the reader and also compromised as his own man.

Arguably, Kellhus knew Conphas had a relatively good chance of succeeding in any plans he had to betray the Holy War. So he manipulates one of the largest contingents to stay in Caraskand by wrapping Saubon in cognitive dissonance, which he wrestles with only for exactly long enough to decide to follow the Holy War to Shimeh, thus finishing the job Achamian started. Kellhus clearly couldn't have counted on Achamian being there and Saubon satisfies too large a variable by being there for it not have be premeditated.

And the King of Caraskand is lulled deeper into Kellhus' mechanisms because he cannot but regret doubting his Prophet.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version