What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »
Quote from: Madness
+1. Articulate post, Centurion.

I'd suggest that Inrilatas is as cogent and bound by ruthlessly honest Dunyain  reflection as we're assuming... but that is definitely, personal assertion.

+1 Flashback Inrilatas vs. Kellhus Conversation?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »
Quote from: kalstone
I have no evidence to base this on, but it seems possible that Ajokli could be hiding Kelmomas' face much like Yatwer is hiding Sorweel's.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »
It's certainly possible, kalstone. I do wonder what others influence the Agencies of the Outside can have on the mundane world...

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:23 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Favorite term, dues ex machina, just seems so badass. Though, yeah I hope Kellhus doesnt turn into that (I also dont think it likely). In time everything will be explained... actually I doubt it. I imagine that all the information will be available to come to the proper final conclusion but I seriously doubt that most stuff will be solved for us.

Kind of on topic:
Who else, other than Proyas who is the obviously choice, might Kellhus plan to leave his empire to once he is gone? Or who is he really preparing to hand the reins over too (He could be preparing Proyas for something more short term)?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
Quote from: coobek
Who else, other than Proyas who is the obviously choice, might Kellhus plan to leave his empire to once he is gone? Or who is he really preparing to hand the reins over too (He could be preparing Proyas for something more short term)?

Good question. I would suggest to put it on topic of its own.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:38 pm »
Quote from: coobek

Good question. I would suggest to put it on topic of its own.
I try to only make new topics that I can follow up with my own ideas first, but I've next to none here :P

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »
I truly believe all that Kellhus is preparing Proyas for is to lead the Ordeal without him and reunite, sans animosity, with Achamian.

I think if Kellhus cares about humanity at all, then he's going to become a Villain in order for humanity to defeat Evil, or some such... But that's too nicely wrapped for my tastes.

Whatever crumbles now, crumbles until the Second Apocalypse is over. I don't think civil stability is in the cards for Earwa at the moment.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:57 pm »
Not only preparing Proyas to lead when leaves, but also I don't think it likley Proyas will survive. He's preparing him to sacrifice.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 03:50:07 pm »
Dagliash is going to be intense!

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »
Like this idea.  Proyas makes a better shriah than Maithanet, because Proyas BELIEVES!  I bet Maitha just thinks of Kellhus as a bigger predator.  Maitha thinks he could do Kellhus' job if Maitha just had the right blood/training.

This would all fit with Kelmomas being Kellhus' "agent in Momen."

I don't think Esmenet can/will try to name a new shriah yet.  All the chaos may prevent the proceedings from occurring or finishing and the absence of a shriah makes its forces easier for her to use.  Leaves the door open for Kellhus to simply decree Proyas as next shriah.

CRAZY: Psatma is elected to be the new shriah!

If we are watching the unfolding of a Jesus/Judas/Peter end game, then I think it's relevant that someone is manipulating events to make Akka hate Kellhus for stealing Esmi.  That her womb would be the only viable womb seems ridiculous to me--there must be some kind of markless intervention going on.  So Kellhus must take her, so Akka must hate.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »
I don't think Esmenet can/will try to name a new shriah yet.  All the chaos may prevent the proceedings from occurring or finishing and the absence of a shriah makes its forces easier for her to use.  Leaves the door open for Kellhus to simply decree Proyas as next shriah.

CRAZY: Psatma is elected to be the new shriah!

I wrote upthread that Esmenet will probably just take the title of Shriah for herself? But I like your crazy.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:15 am »
Or the Thousand Temples becomes a minor religion, and Psatma makes some kind new order with all the cults, with Yatwer up at the top.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2014, 08:50:49 pm »
Or the Thousand Temples becomes a minor religion, and Psatma makes some kind new order with all the cults, with Yatwer up at the top.

OY, Yatwer the Opportunist!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »
Maybe we're going to see Kellhus teaching Proyas and Saccarees how to mumify and grasp the Aspect-Emperor's heart.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 11:58:45 pm »
Maybe we're going to see Kellhus teaching Proyas and Saccarees how to mumify and grasp the Aspect-Emperor's heart.

Hmm, only if Kellhus hasn't found a better way to achieve immortality. Though I think Seswatha survives in some way due to the ritual, he doesn't have enough direct control (or agency) for someone like Kellhus to be satisfied.
One of the other conditions of possibility.