Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »
Lol.  The no-dog did it.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
I lol'd.  Hilarious!
No whistling on the slog!

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2013, 02:32:20 am »
Lol.  The no-dog did it.
You just pipped me!!

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:29 am »
hahaha ;D

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2014, 04:47:11 am »
Dunyain and Nonman--the first thing that comes to mind is a quya held in a chorae cage, forced to be a Dunyain breeder for the last 2 millenia.

I have to throw my vote in with the Dunyain have hierarchy party.  I'm thinking it's even more than that--the pragma pass down the secret mission, pragma to pragma, that Seswatha gave them: to avoid sorcery, to select for the few (using this old wathi doll), to name all the kids anasurimbor.

Madness, I love your idea about the Dunyain reforming erratic nonmen with new personalities!

The more I think about it, Moe or Kel would have to know that their presence would alert the Consult to Ishual necessitating an evacuation before they were found out.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:34 am »
Don't remember who said it, but someone suggested that the Inchoroi have ways of keeping the Intact intact.  That made me think of some kind of nonman plus grafting abomination.  Like lots of nonmen fused together or a nonman with extra human brains stuck to him, here and there.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2014, 10:43:56 am »
Dunyain and Nonman--the first thing that comes to mind is a quya held in a chorae cage, forced to be a Dunyain breeder for the last 2 millenia.

I have to throw my vote in with the Dunyain have hierarchy party.  I'm thinking it's even more than that--the pragma pass down the secret mission, pragma to pragma, that Seswatha gave them: to avoid sorcery, to select for the few (using this old wathi doll), to name all the kids anasurimbor.

Madness, I love your idea about the Dunyain reforming erratic nonmen with new personalities!

+1 all that.

Those were pretty much my thoughts... though, I'd never had the thoughts in bold before. Second Foundation!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2014, 05:47:23 pm »
Isn't it strange that 'Ishuäl' is an Ihrimsu word and not Kuniuric?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 12:54:18 am »
Isn't it strange that 'Ishuäl' is an Ihrimsu word and not Kuniuric?

More support for the Nil'giccas/Celmomas connection!

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2014, 09:14:19 pm »
I don't think the Dunyain themselves know of any secret mission, that kind of knowledge would interfere with their program, which coincidentally selects for the Few. And we know of Dunyain that are not called Anasurimbor. Whoever sent them to Ishual (or the first generation of Dunyain) had them destroy any records or knowledge that would interfere with their breeding program, that includes sorcery and anything about their true mission (supposing that they had one other than attaining the Absolute), I think.

But props for coming up with the Foundation parallel Madness, I can definitely see some inspiration there if in fact it turns out that Seswatha created them.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »
I don't think the Dunyain themselves know of any secret mission, that kind of knowledge would interfere with their program, which coincidentally selects for the Few. And we know of Dunyain that are not called Anasurimbor. Whoever sent them to Ishual (or the first generation of Dunyain) had them destroy any records or knowledge that would interfere with their breeding program, that includes sorcery and anything about their true mission (supposing that they had one other than attaining the Absolute), I think.

Good calls. There are definitely Dunyain who aren't Anasurimbor. I wish we knew more about the OG Dunyain.

But props for coming up with the Foundation parallel Madness, I can definitely see some inspiration there if in fact it turns out that Seswatha created them.

Lol, I love to popularize it but I feel like it was Wilshire or lockesnow who first made that connection...

It has been suggested elsewhere, for sure.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

SkiesOfAzel

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2014, 10:34:41 am »
What i find interesting about the Dunyain is the contradiction between their concept of a self moving soul and community. How can there be more than one such soul when in order to dominate circumstance a Dunyain has to be able to have total control over every other soul that can affect him? 

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2014, 10:39:51 am »
Lol or her ;).

But +1, SOA.

I love the nerdanels that once you get into Ishual's Thousand Thousand Halls, the Dunyain are in a Battle Royale Cannibal Deathmatch. Also, the one that started this thread in my mind, that the Dunyain have previously conditioned Ishterebinth.

The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

SkiesOfAzel

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2014, 11:13:46 am »
Lol or her ;).

But +1, SOA.

I love the nerdanels that once you get into Ishual's Thousand Thousand Halls, the Dunyain are in a Battle Royale Cannibal Deathmatch. Also, the one that started this thread in my mind, that the Dunyain have previously conditioned Ishterebinth.

Sorry, Bakker's misogyny seems to have rubbed on me :p. Seriously though, in the long run i doubt the Dunyain would bother with anything outside their interest and the only thing they might want from the NonMen is genetic material (which they probably already have through the Anasurimbor line).

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
Speaking of Dunyain women. I thought this comment from Bakker was very interesting,

I'm afraid the mystery of the 'Dunyain feminine' doesn't come to the fore until The Aspect-Emperor...

I've seen speculation that he was referring to Kellhus's children here, but I disagree, I think there is a reveal coming concerning Dunyain women now that Achamian and Mimara are in Ishual.