MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 12:23:35 am »

Chapter 14:

The mighty hero, Gin'gûrima, with arms like a man's thighs. And the Inchoroi King, Sil, armoured in corpses, flanked by his inhuman kinsmen, winged monstrosities with wicked limbs, pendulous phalli, and skulls grafted into skulls.

I had hoped all the Inchoroi would be different with unique grafts but this seems to put that to bed.

Yea when you first mentioned this I've since thought that it would make a lot of sense. Since they used the Tekne, you would think that each procedure would result in different grafts and such. In other words, I figured it would be very hard to replicate it over and over again. You'd think there would have to be differences.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:43:50 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »

Chapter 14:

The mighty hero, Gin'gûrima, with arms like a man's thighs. And the Inchoroi King, Sil, armoured in corpses, flanked by his inhuman kinsmen, winged monstrosities with wicked limbs, pendulous phalli, and skulls grafted into skulls.

I had hoped all the Inchoroi would be different with unique grafts but this seems to put that to bed.

Yea when you first mentioned this I've since thought that it would make a lot of sense. Since they used the Tekne, you would think that each procedure would result in different grafts and such. In other words, I figured it would be very hard to replicate it over and over again. You'd think there would have to be differences.

Well, I think the idea is still plausible.  We've only ever "seen" a handful of the alleged thousands of thousands.  It would make sense if pre-Fall they were less aggressive with the Grafts.  On non-Earwa planets, physical strength was probably the single most important feature to have, since what other factors would really be that important?

Only once they ran up against the Quya did the "rules" change.  Physical strength was only one part of the puzzle.  In reality, the Nonmen were pretty lucky that the Graft to see the Onta was largely a failure, since otherwise they probably would have been heavily over matched between the Inchoroi and Wracu.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira