Earwa > The No-God

Will the Mutilated step out of the shadows?

<< < (3/6) > >>

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  profgrape ---]Love this.  Akka’s divergent Dreams were never explained. Which could make them something RSB was deliberately holding back.  I could see the revelation happening via Kellhus’ perspective?  Or even Kelmomas’?
--- End quote ---

Well, in the Q&A here, when asked about what happened when Kellhus "spoke" to Seswatha, Bakker said that was off limits. So, id assume he has a plan for it.

ETA: Profgrape, why would you think we would experience these dreams through Kelmommas? There is no more Kelmommas, imho. He is the No-God now. He is apart from the Outside. Matter of fact, he is the Tekne in its greatest form. I don't see how that would even be a possibility. Just wondering what makes you think that a possibility.

profgrape:

--- Quote from: MSJ on May 23, 2018, 07:00:11 pm ---
--- Quote from:  profgrape ---]Love this.  Akka’s divergent Dreams were never explained. Which could make them something RSB was deliberately holding back.  I could see the revelation happening via Kellhus’ perspective?  Or even Kelmomas’?
--- End quote ---

Well, in the Q&A here, when asked about what happened when Kellhus "spoke" to Seswatha, Bakker said that was off limits. So, id assume he has a plan for it.

ETA: Profgrape, why would you think we would experience these dreams through Kelmommas? There is no more Kelmommas, imho. He is the No-God now. He is apart from the Outside. Matter of fact, he is the Tekne in its greatest form. I don't see how that would even be a possibility. Just wondering what makes you think that a possibility.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point, MSJ. 

I was thinking about the parallel between Subjects Nau-Cayuti and Kelmomas.  NC was the device to reveal the IF and the Object, perhaps Kelmomas could do the same for others?

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on May 23, 2018, 05:46:55 pm ---Well, we still have Zeüm and Eanna, but we don't know how much of a threat they may pose to them. I don't think the Mutilated would have a problem risking or giving up their individual lives if it was part of the Shortest Path to the World being shut.
--- End quote ---

I agree, I just don't think that the Shortest Path requires that to happen during the near future.

--- Quote from: profgrape on May 23, 2018, 06:06:12 pm ---One of the Mutilated uses sorcery.  Which I assumed was the Gnosis (taught by Mek or other Nonmen) although it totally could be Anagogis. 

--- End quote ---

Huh, I had forgotten about that. Probably taught by Mek or one of the other Qûya, yes. Anyway, their sorcerous skill was presumably no match for Kellhus' Metagnosis and Daimos (it could be a match for Akka and/or any other sorcerer/witch who fights them in the future, though...).

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 23, 2018, 05:54:56 pm ---In another thread I posited the idea of Kellhus returning in the Dreams as a means of control of circumstance beyond death. This could be how the Mandate and Swayali learn of the Mutilated (and of course, Achamian will Dream him first).

--- End quote ---

Your Dream theory is seeming more and more likely as discussion goes on, stuslayer. Presumably Akka would then learn not only of the Mutilated, but also of Kelmomas' fate (as everyone else who survived likely believes it was Kellhus in the Carapace).

--- Quote from: profgrape on May 23, 2018, 08:23:54 pm ---I was thinking about the parallel between Subjects Nau-Cayuti and Kelmomas.  NC was the device to reveal the IF and the Object, perhaps Kelmomas could do the same for others?

--- End quote ---

I don't think Akka will have Dreams from Kelmomas' POV if stuslayer's theory turns out to be true. Sure, Akka had Dreams from Nau-Cayûti's perspective from before he was placed in the Carapace, but we had Kelmomas' POV for 4 books, almost until the point he himself was inserted. It doesn't seem to me to be much point to an indirect Kelmomas POV.

SmilerLoki:
My take on it is that the general state of ignorance and uncertainty is the point. People don't know what's going on, and they really have no way to, absent some supernatural means, which are notably nonexistent in the real world. Bakker uses them to drive the plot, sure, but "driving" doesn't equal "solving".

So no, I wouldn't welcome the characters catching wind of the Dunsult through dreams or the like. Now, encountering them in battle and getting a hell of a surprise, that's something I can easily see. Or someone infiltrating the Ark Seswatha-style only to find it in the hands of the Dunyain.

TLEILAXU:
Another indirect thing we could see is maybe some of their Erratic lieutenants wielding e.g. weapons of light or new Wracu etc. which might hint that there's a new CEO at Golgotterath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version