Grimdark Magazine! Kickstarter! New Anthology! RSB story!

• 75 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 11:14:19 am »
I have received my hard copies, looks good. :)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2017, 10:33:10 am »
So, turns out the person who was supposed to mail most of the books just didn't bother to.

So, we should get our books pretty soon now...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »
Yeah that's a damn shame. I think GdM was going to use the profits to run GdM for the next year or two. After this, they might be in the red for the whole project, all because the person they trusted to mail their stuff simply didn't and then lied to them about it.

What did he think, that people wouldn't notice? Such a shame. I feel bad for the folks at GdM.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:41 pm »
Yeah that's a damn shame. I think GdM was going to use the profits to run GdM for the next year or two. After this, they might be in the red for the whole project, all because the person they trusted to mail their stuff simply didn't and then lied to them about it.

What did he think, that people wouldn't notice? Such a shame. I feel bad for the folks at GdM.

Apparently the guy has...problems...whatever that really means, I'm not sure (seems he was in bad financial state).  I guess he actually thought he could make off with some of the product?  No clue what the hell he thought he could do with it all though...sell it on eBay or something?

From what I can tell by a few comments, I don't think the project went into the red, but this surely means it won't be much in the black.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2017, 01:46:48 pm »
Is there some other reliable option to read the RSB story - and paying for it, of course?
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2017, 01:49:49 pm »
Is there some other reliable option to read the RSB story - and paying for it, of course?

Well, of course you can just buy it on Amazon.com.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2017, 01:54:49 pm »
Ok, thanks.
I will try Amazon again, though I am fucking tired of them (specially amazon.es).
As we say, "Señor, dame paciencia".

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »
Ok, thanks.
I will try Amazon again, though I am fucking tired of them (specially amazon.es).
Ok, thanks.

There is also Barnes and Noble, but it's more expensive and I don't even know if they have an international site.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2017, 02:33:05 pm »
Kindle version is available as well. If you're just looking to grab it just for Bakker's story you might want to go for that ($8 USD on amazon.com).

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2017, 02:37:05 pm »
I see. I've just read for free the Prologue (by Bakker). Maybe I try the kindle version but I am a fucking addict of printed books so...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2017, 02:39:59 pm »
I see. I've just read for free the Prologue (by Bakker). Maybe I try the kindle version but I am a fucking addict of printed books so...
Oh me too. But its only a few pages, $20 or thereabouts is a lot to pay for a few pages of Bakker. Granted, I bought the signed limited edition version so you know which side of the fence I sit on ;)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2017, 03:20:15 pm »
That joke we had in another thread about them all sitting in a pile somewhere doesn't seem so funny anymore.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »
That joke we had in another thread about them all sitting in a pile somewhere doesn't seem so funny anymore.
Yeah, not funny. Turns out reality is a bitch.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:10 pm »
Yeah, not funny. Turns out reality is a bitch.

Well, it wasn't really a joke, especially since I said it as mine was part of the pile...

But all is well that ends well.  (Not really, but it's a book and so it's not really a big deal.)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2017, 10:58:02 am »
I finally got my hardcover in this past Friday.