Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

Cormac McCarthy

(1/2) > >>

BeardFisher-King:
Here's a thread for all things CMcC...starting with this recent analysis (some spoilers) of "Blood Meridian".

https://churchlifejournal.nd.edu/articles/cormac-mccarthys-polysemous-monster/

Wilshire:
I'd have to say, I was not a fan of Blood Meridian.

BeardFisher-King:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on June 12, 2019, 12:18:09 pm ---I'd have to say, I was not a fan of Blood Meridian.

--- End quote ---
From the thrust of the article, I don't think that I would enjoy reading BM either. But CMcC does seem to telling a tale of demons walking the earth; indeed, creating their own Hell on earth. So, to that extent, he is exploring some of Bakker's concerns.

BeardFisher-King:
Oh, and how about the title of that article? "Cormac McCarthy's Polysemous Monster". Polysemous = many meanings.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on June 12, 2019, 03:44:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on June 12, 2019, 12:18:09 pm ---I'd have to say, I was not a fan of Blood Meridian.

--- End quote ---
From the thrust of the article, I don't think that I would enjoy reading BM either. But CMcC does seem to telling a tale of demons walking the earth; indeed, creating their own Hell on earth. So, to that extent, he is exploring some of Bakker's concerns.

--- End quote ---

Blood Meridian is a known entity for influencing TJE. I can see the connections, and McCarthy is obviously a fine writer, but I'm just not a fan of either Westerns (apparently) or his writing style (as it pertains to this book). And yes, I suspect given your reactions to TSA and obviously Neuropath, I'd imagine you wouldn't find the subject of BM appealing.

Polysemous is another new word today. You're full of them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version