Seswatha in the Heart -> Uploaded Copy or Original Soul?

• 1 Replies

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« on: April 19, 2021, 05:40:32 pm »
My original thinking on Seswatha was that it was something like Hofstadter's Strange Loop ->

“The key question is, no matter how much you absorb of another person, can you have absorbed so much of them that when that primary brain perishes, you can feel that that person did not totally perish from the earth? In the wake of a human being’s death, what survives is a set of afterglows, some brighter and some dimmer, in the collective brains of those who were dearest to them. Though the primary brain has been eclipsed, there is, in those who remain, a collective corona that still glows.”
—Douglas Hofstadter

But so much of Seswatha seems to survive, even dominating the minds of those who grasped the Heart...and given that even the Nomen have limited storage capacity I changed my mind...

Seswatha is not in their brains/minds, but in the Heart. So Mandati And Swayali are wirelessly connecting to the Drop Box that is the Heart...

Or maybe think of it as playing games on the Playstation Network?

After Akka becomes a Wizard, a rogue Gnostic, he no longer gets the patch updates which causes memory leakage...

Admittedly computational analogies fail after a point, but I hope this expresses the general idea. Though I am still not sure if Seswatha's actual soul is in the Heart, perhaps the soul is cleaved as in the case of other artifacts so that part of the Sohonc Grandmaster's soul burns in Hell while the other part is encased in the Heart.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 07:26:56 pm »
Admittedly computational analogies fail after a point, but I hope this expresses the general idea. Though I am still not sure if Seswatha's actual soul is in the Heart, perhaps the soul is cleaved as in the case of other artifacts so that part of the Sohonc Grandmaster's soul burns in Hell while the other part is encased in the Heart.

What if, though, in the usual sort of way of my thinking that the Body anchors the Soul, it's the case that like Shaeönanra the Grasping is a manner of "soul-trapping" as a way to avoid Damnation.

The legendary Shauriatis, the sorcerous architect of the Unholy Consult, did stand before them, his soul tumbling and forever deflected, roosting like a sparrow for but a breath in each wretch before capsizing into another. Such cunning! Dying vessels, denuded souls, gouged of some vital passion, allowing him to alight whole, rather than be drawn and divided across the Outside like other Proxies ...

Shauriatis!—not so much the wretches themselves, as the intervals between.

What is the Heart is not much different, only different in implementation, rather than in principle?  In a sense, everyone is dying of course.  But the key might be that Seswatha gets these subjects to take on his soul willingly where Shae only (presumably) by force.  But the actual result might be nearly the same, except at Seswatha's is more subtle/passive, where Shae clearly turns them into puppets or something even less so.

Need to think more on this though...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira