• 224 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:43 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Personally, I think they looked away from Achamian and Xinemus because Moenghus commanded the Cishaurim to let all peoples draw towards his son. He obviously commanded much respect among the Cishaurim, as he communicated personally with Xerius, not to mention, his own sect. The more who congregated towards Kellhus' gravitas, despite the odds of survival, the more Moenghus was assured his son succeeded.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:49 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
That's a great find simply for understanding of the Cish.

Can someone remind me how Xin dies and how on screen it is?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »
Quote from: The Sharmat
He up and dies, they have a small funeral offscreen in which he's burned.

The guy's pretty dead.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:00 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Quote from: Li'l Mog
Titirga? Man, that guy was only in one short story, and he's already one of the more badass characters in the series.

If I've got to guess somebody we've already seen as being Meppa I'm going with that one random kid. You know, that kid trying to gather salt from the remains of sorcerers after the final battle. Why draw our attention to him?
Him and that cat...!  :D

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
Quote from: themerchant
I think Meppa is a construct of Moe, i also think Moe was a lot stronger in the water than he claimed. For instance when kel meets him in the background water is thundering about him and described in a lot of power, and also Moe uses the literal water to blind Kellhus to his face. I don't know if this constitutes any sort of proof i have no formal training in interpeting books. However in my head it seems like a good metaphor of Moe actually decieiving him about being weak in water, while he is actually surrounded by loads of it. Perhaps Moe reasoned that to better recollect the one angle not only can one blind themselves to their surrounding but also to themselves (by losing his memory). again not sure if this hold any water.

Canuir speculates that Kel is planning "beyond" moe, surely Moe was planning beyond kellhus, also Kellhus cannot read his father at all during the encounter.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
I'm of the firm opinion that Moenghus the Elder has a part to play in this series yet, either himself, living or dead, or his sect of Cishaurim.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:21 pm »
Quote from: Coyote
Moe is dead. Deal with it people.

Meppa is Meppa - a new character, and not a stand-in for another previously dead character, but if he is, he is definitely Xinemas or Elvis.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:27 pm »
Quote from: themerchant
So is Seswatha, but, i suspect/guess both will still play a significant part in the series.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »
Quote from: SkiesOfAzel
I would've gone with Elvis but then i remembered he owns the grill restaurant the Domain of the King in space. Maybe the Inchies brought him along with them?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »
Actually, Elvis is coming back. He's next to be recreated a la Tupac Coachella.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:46 pm »
Quote from: anor277
I think Elvis works as an Inchoroi.  I once saw a candid film clip of him from the fifties, asking his friends (you'll have to supply the accent), "What's the time? It's 2:00 am.  My face is normally covered in pussy this time of a morning." 

It is hard to accept Moenghus' return.  It is reasonable to anticipate the appearance of several Dunyain, who survivied the slaughter at Ishual (who caused it, Kellhus or the Consult?), and now work for the Consult.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »
Quote from: Capt.Croaker
i believe Cnaiur urs Skiotha is the remaining snakehead.......no matter what the summary tales say...............

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:57 pm »
"Meppa raised bare hands, pulled back the deep cowl that had obscured his face. The mask Fanayal referred to was not so much a mask as a kind of blindfold: a band of silver as wide as a child's palm lay about his upper face, as if a too-large crown had slipped over his eyes. The sun flashed across its circuit, gleamed across the innumerable lines etched into it: water rushing sideways, around and around in an infinite cataract.

His cowl thrown back, Meppa raised the band from his head. His hair was as white as the peaks of Atkondras, his skin nut brown. No eyes glinted from the shadow of his sockets..." (WLW, p192).

"The rogue Cishaurim floating, impervious to the fire of the Schoolman's Anagogic dragonhead, disgorging cataracts of blue-twinkling light as pure as it was beautiful. As awesome as Meppa's power had been - there was no doubting he was a Primary - it had been the beauty that had most astounded, and mortified, the Second Negotiant ... 'The people call him Stonebreaker ... Meppa... they say he was sent to us by the Solitary God ... He does not know who he is'" (p235).

Just thought I'd bump with the relevant Meppa quotes. Rereading his passages gives me a load of inspiration for Cishaurim speculation but these are all his "physical" descriptions, minus one by Psatma concerning the depth of Meppa's Water.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 08:05:02 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
The Meppa mystery has driven me near as mad as the Cleric mystery did. 

I've touched on this a bit on westeros.org.

W/ Cleric, I really felt very strongly that he was someone...someone from the story, someone from the appendix, etc...and it turned out to be true.

I'm tempted to feel the same way w/ Meppa, but I have a lot less confidence.  He could simply be someone new.  But I have a problem with that too.  It doesn't seem like Bakker especially w/ Cleric.  Also, it seems a bit strange that there is only one Cishaurim.  Can Meppa not train anyone else?  Or do the Cish not train so much because they don't understand their stuff?  If that's the case, why only one? 

I suppose there's a chance that Meppa is a Primary who fought at Shimeh and was knocked out and became an amnesiac, but who knows.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 08:05:08 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Because there can only be one!