Miscellaneous Chatter > Writing

Two Sentence Scary Stories

<< < (3/8) > >>

Somnambulist:
I woke, hazy light filtering through the thin curtains, and noticed my mother's loving smile above me.  I started to smile back, but she reminded me where I was when she leaned her weight into the saw, pain exploding through my shin.

Camlost:
Our first mistake was assuming that Darkness is the absence of Light. Our second was turning on the light.

Camlost:
He tappex his foot rhythmically to the sultry crooning of a woman on the radio. It wasn't until after he turned it up that he remembered the power was out.

Francis Buck:

--- Quote from: Camlost on October 26, 2015, 03:38:49 am ---Our first mistake was assuming that Darkness is the absence of Light. Our second was turning on the light.

--- End quote ---

Yo, I really dig this. Even just the first line alone is super evocative.

I'm realizing that my last post was poorly worded. A better way to express what I meant (perhaps -- I don't read a lot of flash fiction stuff so I'm kind of parsing my feelings as I go here) is that I'm unimpressed with them perhaps simply because of the "scary" label. Hemingway's piece, while potentially disturbing of course, more importantly has depth. It gives you just enough to stimulate your mind with possibilities.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: Camlost on October 26, 2015, 04:50:24 am ---He tappex his foot rhythmically to the sultry crooning of a woman on the radio. It wasn't until after he turned it up that he remembered the power was out.

--- End quote ---

i'm really feeling this one!  special compliments on your construction--the last word clinches it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version