What Happens If China Makes First Contact?

• 36 Replies

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 12:06:13 am »
The aliens are coming, and no one cares.

Is this the thread for this now ;)?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2017, 12:35:14 am »
You say, " We don't care!", well that's true. Why do you think that for that last 10-20 years we have been flooded with alien shows, movies and the like? To desensitize us. So, when the government finally shows us the truth, that we won't care. It won't be as shocking, because over half the world already believes we've made contact with aliens and visit this place we call Earth. Might (probably) are what we call God. They probably run or work with most governments on Earth. So, when the veil is lifted, WE WONT CARE.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 03:44:48 pm »
I care!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2018, 12:46:37 pm »
You had your high ground. It was a good 243 years.

Same we had our time before that.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:53 pm »
It's screwing with us Americans big time, but it's time to accept there's another power who will make massive contributions to civilization beyond our country. Of course, many other countries are contributing awesome stuff every day, but Americans feel we're the overall leader of world progress. It simply is not a big deal ( in the sense it's a detriment to America ) if China "hears" first and whats more, it's a contribution to humanity that they've built this thing. Its high time for America to recede our paranoia of others encroaching on our self-perceived world dominance and welcome and cherish other nations' contributions

I mean that, or we Americans can collectively use our fear of global inadequacy (ours really IS bigger, I swear!) to actually contribute more to whatever field it is that we are being surpassed in. Granted, by almost any measure we're way down into middling territory except for military might and economic power, which makes it doubly depressing ... but at least we still have the resources to pivot to something useful.

It'd be so cool if there was an education race,  or a clean energy race, like there was the space race of old. Or a 'find the alien' race. Whatever, something that focused the collective will on for 10 years. So much could be accomplished.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 05:13:05 pm »
You had your high ground. It was a good 243 years.

Same we had our time before that.

Did Scotland ever really have "its time" ;)?

It'd be so cool if there was an education race,  or a clean energy race, like there was the space race of old. Or a 'find the alien' race. Whatever, something that focused the collective will on for 10 years. So much could be accomplished.

A Great Ordeal even? We are capable of so much more. Not that I have to regale you again with my optimistic nonsense.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 05:15:17 pm »
Quote from:  Madness
Did Scotland ever really have "its time" ;)?

William Wallace?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,