Earwa > Atrocity Tales

The Carathayan [Short Story Spoilers]

<< < (2/5) > >>

Wolfdrop:
Awesome, thanks Madness!

I had thought that they weren't mutually exclusive, but part of me was convinced that something was in the wrong order and that "towering" should have been referring to Bogyar.

Looking forward to reading this one.

H:
Perhaps it is only because I happened to start reading The King In Yellow last week, before I read this story, but it certainly seems to be stylistically similar to those sorts of "ghost stories" in that book.

geoffrobro:
Okay on my first read thru, I can't place the year. It must be before the unifaction wars because there's no mention of the holy aspect emperor or any "sweet kell" or whatever phrase. Uster is still a mercenary so maybe he hasn't met Saubon.

Uster' s sister seem to be witches or something of the sort who can correctly see the future. Uster himself know how he will die and has no worry unless there is a Bashrag invoked.
Another affirmation that all of this has happened before.
I like the fact what we've studied the metaphysics of Earwa like sorcerous scholars and there still mysteries like ghost.

Wolfdrop:
I had trouble placing the year too.

I figured it was in the midst of the Unification Wars, because one section describes him "warring for the Aspect-Emperor across the Secharib cane fields". The section where he stares down a cobra.

I definitely understand his appearance now too, awkward giant is very fitting!

geoffrobro:

--- Quote from: Wolfdrop on May 26, 2017, 08:23:42 pm ---I had trouble placing the year too.

I figured it was in the midst of the Unification Wars, because one section describes him "warring for the Aspect-Emperor across the Secharib cane fields". The section where he stares down a cobra.

I definitely understand his appearance now too, awkward giant is very fitting!

--- End quote ---
I forgot about that part. I picture him like a tall basketball player looking awkward guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version