Earwa > The No-God

The Mutilated: A Census

<< < (8/9) > >>

TaoHorror:
Yes, I think seeing a commonality with our thoughts on this - Shae was simply too impressive to simply be gone by now. Seems he's gotta be somewhere. He was the architect of THE betrayal to mankind, something's up with this.

Madness:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on September 23, 2017, 02:16:11 am ---I just don't see Nonmen, considering the state they are in, caring about Men enough to go to war on them. They need something visceral to take action, like the Consult-Inchoroi or the prospect of damnation as seen in the Inverse Fire. That's not to say there can't be other reasons of similar magnitude for them.

--- End quote ---

The Floating Court consists of a dozen Intact and countless others succumbing to the Dolour. They've accepted - tentatively until the Niom shakes things up - Nin'ciljiras, Vile ally, as their King. I can't say for certain that they wouldn't go fuck Ishual up on Nin'ciljiras' say so.

EDIT: Textually important, I believe Koringhus recalls the Nonmen Quya as coming from the West, while the Sranc hordes came from the East - suggesting Ishterebinth complicit.

--- Quote from: TheCulminatingApe on September 23, 2017, 09:03:17 pm ---But not overly relevant to the Three Seas, where there are very few Satyothi? 

I don't think much should be made of the Satyothi Skin-Spy - all it tells us is that the Consult have infiltrated Zeum in the same way they have infiltrated everywhere else

--- End quote ---

I'm only parroting Theliopa's conjecture that the Sayothi Skin-Spy is a novel innovation on the Tekne at the time of its discovery in TJE. Apparently, of all the Skin-Spies purged from the Kellian Empire, that was the first Sayothi version they found.

I would imagine though that if the Consult had already infiltrated Zeum as they had the Three-Seas before the Unification Wars that any Zeumi Skin-Spies (analogies of Istriya, Skeaos, Sarcellus, Chepheramunni) would have counseled more direct action against Kellhus - who the Consult knew as "Dunyain" since at least TWP/TTT.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: Madness on September 25, 2017, 05:38:39 pm ---EDIT: Textually important, I believe Koringhus recalls the Nonmen Quya as coming from the West, while the Sranc hordes came from the East - suggesting Ishterebinth complicit.

--- End quote ---
But Golgotterath is also to the West (North-West, to be specific) of Ishual.

Madness:
True enough. Either way.

natanaj:
Guys the mutilated didn't so much take over the consult, as get promoted to a leadership position. The consult are fanatical about avoiding damnation, and probably recognized that the dunyain had the best minds to lead them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version