• 134 Replies

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2014, 04:54:37 am »
She shaves her head in WLW ch12, in front of Cleric.  It's part of her attempt to subvert the Captain's influence of the nonman - after Sarl and the Captain discover who she is, report to Kellhus and tie up Akka.

She sees herself with short hair and heavily pregnant in WLW ch6, just after first learning that she is pregnant.  The JE seems to transcend time.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2014, 03:05:44 am »
She sees herself with short hair and heavily pregnant in WLW ch6, just after first learning that she is pregnant.  The JE seems to transcend time.

That is troublesome to me. Might it be that the damnation that it apparently sees is the subjects end-of-life damnation. The sum of all the decision they have made and what they will make. So for example, akka is damned as viewed by TJE, but he may not yet have committed the act/acts that got him to that point.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2014, 04:16:37 am »

That is troublesome to me. Might it be that the damnation that it apparently sees is the subjects end-of-life damnation. The sum of all the decision they have made and what they will make. So for example, akka is damned as viewed by TJE, but he may not yet have committed the act/acts that got him to that point.

WOAH!!!  That blew my mind.  Akka's Judas deed is still in front of him?!?

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 06:14:47 am »
There is a reason Akka blames himself for the death of Inrau and the Skin Eaters...

It's probably some kind of sin to impregnate your wife's daughter, too.

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 02:35:00 am »
Ha, I just thought.
If Mimarra sees Kellhus is damned then he will know what she sees and switch sides?

It would freak him out if he believes his own shtick - could he rationalize that, I wonder?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:29 am »
Ha, I just thought.
If Mimarra sees Kellhus is damned then he will know what she sees and switch sides?

It would freak him out if he believes his own shtick - could he rationalize that, I wonder?

I like the idea, but I bet Kellhus would have plundered the Mandate library before now (and the Scarlet Spires and all the other schools) and would have found some kind of reference to the Judging Eye.  Seems like he would have scoured the 3seas for that kind of thing to get confirmation over the intervening 20 years.

If we go along with the thing that Kellhus plays prophet long enough to truly be the prophet, maybe Mimara will see him early in TUC and he'll be damned, but she'll see him later in TUC and he'll be blessed?

Cüréthañ

• Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 05:14:07 am »
Yeah, I'm just saying if the JE sees him, he only has to look into Mimara's face to see the truth via his super-dunyain powers.
Perhaps she already has and he deleted her memories.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »
Yeah, I'm just saying if the JE sees him, he only has to look into Mimara's face to see the truth via his super-dunyain powers.
Perhaps she already has and he deleted her memories.

AWESOME!!!

For K's sake, I hope Mimi's face isn't hidden like Sorweel's

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »
Ah but we don't know Sorweels face truly was. From Sorweels PoV it was hidden, Kellhus had no visible reaction but he's talking to a Dunyain and Dunyain are good actors :) It would not just be Sorweels face which would need to be masked either, if you remember from earlier Kellhus PoV he can detect shortness of breath and even increased heartbeats. So literally Sorweel would need the full shabang from Yatwer.

Not to say this isn't the case, I personally can't make up my mind. If they can hide stuff from Kellhus that would make me pissed. I think he needs to be totally infallible and really believeing he can save mankind until the last moment when we get a big reveal related to TSTSNBM.

Mimara seems like a walking IF and i expect her to meet Kellhus at some point. She may damn him? :(

Monstar

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 10:15:16 pm »
Ah but we don't know Sorweels face truly was. From Sorweels PoV it was hidden, Kellhus had no visible reaction but he's talking to a Dunyain and Dunyain are good actors :) It would not just be Sorweels face which would need to be masked either, if you remember from earlier Kellhus PoV he can detect shortness of breath and even increased heartbeats. So literally Sorweel would need the full shabang from Yatwer.

Not to say this isn't the case, I personally can't make up my mind. If they can hide stuff from Kellhus that would make me pissed. I think he needs to be totally infallible and really believeing he can save mankind until the last moment when we get a big reveal related to TSTSNBM.

Mimara seems like a walking IF and i expect her to meet Kellhus at some point. She may damn him? :(

Haha that's brilliant forgot about increased heartrate etc. although with Sorweel he would have so many conflicting emotions that he would've been all over the place emotionally anyway. My big reason for believing Kallus fell for it is that Sorweel will be needed at some point especially considering how much his character was developed.

If you think of Akka's approach he is literally to his knowledge the only one not supporting Kallus so if the whole thing turns sour Akka needs allies and the help of an army.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:58 am »
@SilentRoamer - Too true, I'm also thinking about what Kellhus said to his dad, that Moenghus detected the skin spies through voice.

@ Monstar - Why do you write "Kallus" instead of "Khellus"?  I don't get it!  :P

Garet Jax

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »
@SilentRoamer - Too true, I'm also thinking about what Kellhus said to his dad, that Moenghus detected the skin spies through voice.

@ Monstar - Why do you write "Kallus" instead of "Khellus"?  I don't get it!  :P

MG, why do you write "Kellhus" and "Khellus"?  I don't get it! ;)

Monstar, could Sorweel be Bakker's Red Viper?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:20:20 pm by Garet Jax »

Phallus Pendulus

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2014, 03:13:51 pm »

MG, why do you write "Kellhus" and "Khellus"?  I don't get it!

Garet, why are your lips still stained with my black semen? I don't get it
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:15:29 pm by Phallus Pendulus »

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

goddamnit, i feel silly :P

mi fravite auter iz arscrotz brakerz

@ Phallus Pendulus - lol, something else i don't get!  envious of your user name--endless possibilities for penis jokes in bakker threads

Monstar

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »

I don't know I just remembered that way, Ill change over now!