How have the inchoroi escaped the fate of nonmen?

• 5 Replies

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:49:17 am »
Aurang, insofar as he is representative of the Inchoroi, doesn't seem to the nonman affliction of having self swallowed up by the ages.  Why is that?  Possibilities:

- Inchoroi have external brain drives
- Inchoroi psyche does not require memory in the same way
- Inchoroi are afflicted; Aurang is an exception or only apparently an exception
- Nonmen require atrocity to recall themselves, perhaps memory-via-atrocity is like a daily reflex for the Inchoroi?  Enough trauma equals semi-permanent selfhood?

The big revelations coming up in The Unholy Consult have got to map the limitations and differences of the the 3 races in the Consult and why they seem to function better as a team than as a individuals.  I think the Cuno-inchoroi memory difference will be key in all that...

EDIT: I'm interested in the species wide issue, but it will be cool to find out specifically about Mekeritrig.  Is Aurang Aurax his book? 

I don't know that memory should be an issue for Shae.  Perhaps the other 9 Mangaecca fused to him lose their memory-selves as his grows and dominates.  Or maybe he's maxing out too?  Would be neat if we see him updated from the TUC chapter 1 excerpt.  A 20-fused soul thing now? 

Idk, maybe he was more than 10 in the excerpt, just not all the parts were in physical proximity.  Skin-spies would be ideal for kidnapping the occasional sorcerer and abducting him to Golgotterath.  Could have been going on a while.  The 300 year gap where there Mandate can't find the Consult doesn't have to mark the advent of the skin-spies.  They could have been operating for centuries before.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »
My guess is the Tekne. I'm sure they discovered this issue long ago, and is probably why they offered immortality to the Nonmen in the first place. They knew that they could kill all the women, and then wait around for the those that remained to go crazy. They may have been surprised, once again, at the Nonmen's abilities though, and didn't expect them to even semi cognisant after to many thousands of years.

I don't think Mek is important. He's just been all emo, moping around in the woods all alone, depressed after he realized what he helped Shae accomplish.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 11:42:49 am »
i like this answer!  still, i wonder if the Inchoroi have something special besides just 'Tekne' to deal with memories so piled up they fall off the nonman scale.  i'm sure the Inverse Fire helps...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:25:54 am »
Offloading memories to a database with wireless access to their minds. Infinite capacity now that all the others are dead.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Phallus Pendulus

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »
The obvious answer is that Inchoroi are naturally immortal, or have bio-engineered themselves that way, while the Nonmen were naturally mortal before their "upgrade".

So the Nonmen go crazy when their brains can't handle all that memory, while the Inchoroi enjoy their endless lives of bukkake and anal felching, as God meant them to.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:14:24 pm »
The obvious answer is that Inchoroi are naturally immortal, or have bio-engineered themselves that way, while the Nonmen were naturally mortal before their "upgrade".

So the Nonmen go crazy when their brains can't handle all that memory, while the Inchoroi enjoy their endless lives of bukkake and anal felching, as God meant them to.

...the felching/Thanksgiving part in Invisible Monsters...