sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »
I think it's brilliant Sci!

Thanks!

I don't think it's 100% accurate, but I do think there are connections between the No-God, the God, and paradox.

Mimara says only souls can apprehend paradox.

The wiki says there is a connection between chorae, and the Uroborian Circle Akka was trapped in by the SS. [Why I associate the "Endless Hunger" with a snake eating its tail.]

Mimara feels something that appears to be the God when she looks into the chorae with her Judging Eye.

The Aporos was actually banned before they made Chorae. Was it simply because they broke the power of sorcery? Or because the Aporetic sorcerers discovered something about reality that upset the assumed natural order the Nonmen took for granted?

I want to say the Aporetics found the divinity Mimara seems to have experienced by looking into the chorae, but it's hard for me to believe anyone touched by Heaven would side with the Inchoroi.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »
Mimara feels something that appears to be the God when she looks into the chorae with her Judging Eye.
I'd say "a" God, rather than "the" God. Maybe not all of the 100 are hellish soul-eating torturers. Though we haven't heard about any of those...

The Aporos was actually banned before they made Chorae. Was it simply because they broke the power of sorcery? Or because the Aporetic sorcerers discovered something about reality that upset the assumed natural order the Nonmen took for granted?
Certainly wouldn't be the first time some select few Nonmen had some kind of revelation and then the info was suppressed or destroyed. The Nonman are really bad at dealing with change. Or maybe they just forgot the joy of finding out they weren't damned.

I want to say the Aporetics found the divinity Mimara seems to have experienced by looking into the chorae, but it's hard for me to believe anyone touched by Heaven would side with the Inchoroi.
If Mimara is some kind of Jesus figure that opens up heaven to the masses, then anyone before her that saw into this other world might have only seen endless purgatory or hell... like the inverse fire. Maybe there was only pain and suffering until a savior is sacrificed.

I liked your thoughts about the no-god. I'm not sure I know if you are right or not, but there is a lot of stuff in there that makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:30:10 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:03 pm »

Sorcerous aptitude is hereditary and there is a caste distinction between Quya and Ishroi. The social responses to Topoi, Damnation, and the Outside. Banning the Aporos, a sorcery-unmaking sorcery...

I'd hazard that the Quya, rather than strictly Ishroi, ran/run Nonmen society.

If Mimara is some kind of Jesus figure that opens up heaven to the masses, then anyone before her that saw into this other world might have only seen endless purgatory or hell... like the inverse fire. Maybe there was only pain and suffering until a savior is.

+1 for Mimara as Saviour.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2013, 02:31:18 pm »
Oops looks like I got distracted when typing. The sentence that you quoted ends with "is". I put in "sacrificed" after it so now it makes some sense.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2013, 03:30:10 pm »
Doesn't change my thoughts ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »
I'd say "a" God, rather than "the" God. Maybe not all of the 100 are hellish soul-eating torturers. Though we haven't heard about any of those...

I feel like Onkis should be more good than evil?

It's also weird to think every god wants to torture people for eternity. But then the Outside's nature is hard to pin down so perhaps they feel like they are torturing for half-an-hour with long breaks but you feel like it's unending.

It's like them hitting pause of a game. You don't feel time passing while they have it paused.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »
Yeah if you they don't 'perceive' time like we do then its hard to say how 'long' eternity is. Once you are outside, does the soul still see time in a linear fashion? To an objective person from Earwa, it may seem like eternity, but what about the subjective time of the soul experiencing the pain? Does eternity really even mean anything in a system that has no linear timeline? I have trouble comprehending what a timeless-space would be like.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:06 pm »
somewhere somewhen on zombie three seas someone posted a theory on why NG asks his questions and RSB replied, "very astute." wish I could remember what it was...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »
That might just be his go-to phrase when he's not entirely sure what to say. "Very astute" is exactly the phrase he used to describe some of the things I've said. Its probably just habit, instead of saying "cool" or something equally as lame. I choose to believe otherwise though :D.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2013, 12:45:47 am »
That might just be his go-to phrase when he's not entirely sure what to say. "Very astute" is exactly the phrase he used to describe some of the things I've said. Its probably just habit, instead of saying "cool" or something equally as lame. I choose to believe otherwise though :D.

Ah, yeah, that is possible. But it did make sense that the No-God is trying to establish a watcher-watched circuit.

The one thing I'm almost sure of is that the No-God doesn't devour souls. At least not the souls inhabiting the Inward.

Otherwise wouldn't the Inchies and Consult just let the No-God devour them.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2013, 02:12:58 am »
Possible answer: No-God is some kind of trapped ciphrang/god trapped into earwa time/space. Being consumed by the No-God would effectivley be the same experience of dying and having your soul eaten by one of the 100.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2013, 02:43:39 am »
Possible answer: No-God is some kind of trapped ciphrang/god trapped into earwa time/space. Being consumed by the No-God would effectivley be the same experience of dying and having your soul eaten by one of the 100.

Ah, good point. The No-God might not grant the souls he consumes oblivion. The process of consumption might be the endless torment of always approaching the singularity, having your soul smeared across the even horizon, but never actually getting there.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2013, 02:49:22 am »
I thought that was just from the POV of the viewer. Or did I get that backwards? Can someone actually watch something go into a black hole?

Galbrod

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:25 am »
A question indirectly related to the No-god... When travelling to the outside, is the watcher/wathed relationship reversed - with the soul taking the active part (being watched) and the ordinary consciousness taking the role of the watcher of the soul?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »
Certainly, the watched relationship is changed in degrees, evident in the Walking the Shadow Way in the World-Between (Achamian and Xinemus in TWP to Caraskand).

But the watcher... I'm not sure exactly on the relationship nor on the way the circuit is compromised by animata.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer