Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:47 pm »
A friend gave me this link:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/SecondApocalypse?from=Main.SecondApocalypse

I'm not particularly familiar with this site but someone made a page about TSA so I figured I'd post it here.

It splits up the characters of the second apocalypse into common idioms of books and television. There are multiple tabs up at the top to help you navigate to what you want to see.

For example (under Kellhus):
Übermensch: All of the Dunyain are basically Nietzschean superhumans, but especially Kellhus.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:43:02 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »
I take occasional dips into TVtropes for the hell of it, and I was actually pretty damn surprised when TSA was on there, and with relative detail as well. It's funny because I wasn't even looking for TSA specifically, I stumbled upon it through some other page. I always wonder who does this stuff? You'd think the person that would much that effort into a TVtropes page for TSA would be a part of this forum. Then again, maybe they are and just don't want to reveal it or something?

Interesting either way.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »
I always feel that way when I run into TSA related things on the interweb. I always feel like I should have seen it already... Though the reality is I don't go anywhere else trying to find TSA stuff other than here, so I'm probably less likely to see anything that is out there.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:35:34 pm »
Lol +1, you two.

I have wasted far, far too many hours on TVTropes. There is just something novel about the perspectives there.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

larrytheimp

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:42:48 pm »
It'd be really funny if it was Bakker sending this stuff into TV Tropes.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »
Sounds like something he'd do ;)

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:42 pm »
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/SecondApocalypse

Just wanted to announce that this past weekend I completely overhauled the Character tab for the TSA page of this.  Planning on chugging along filling out plenty of blind spots.  If anyone has any panache for tvtropes, please brainstorm for me.  Have plenty of ideas myself.

I want to say that the first thing I did was spend about two hours making sure every "Anasurimbor", "Cnaiur" and "Moenghus" had the correct diacritical marks.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
Lmao.

I almost got sucked in there, HP. I opened up Drusas Achamian and before I had made it through his tab I had three new links... Jeepers.

Also, what is it you are proposing? I'm simple-minded and need explicit instructions.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »
The original layout had only three folders: "Characters introduced in the first trilogy", "Characters introduced in the second trilogy", and "The Consult."

That seemed super vague and just plain ol' not good, so I completely restructured it to what it is now. I added about... 50 characters... and about 9 folders...

I was working on the "Cunoroi" and "Figures of the First Apocalypse" folders yesterday.  Those two are brand new—you can see my labors there.  Just want to know if anyone is more familiar with the jargon of tvtropes than myself, or have any familiarity, I want to flesh out all these character folders.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »
From what I remember there were a lot of misunderstandings and outright fan-theories masquerading as official canon there. How's it faring now?

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 07:15:27 pm »
Nothing that I've seen looks noncanon...  The user CaptainCrawdad has been the only person editing this page for the past two years or so.  Except for myself the past week.

I have not seen anything egregious, but it may be passing me by.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 10:15:33 pm »
It was about 3 years ago last I looked I think.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »
I was working on the "Cunoroi" and "Figures of the First Apocalypse" folders yesterday.  Those two are brand new—you can see my labors there.  Just want to know if anyone is more familiar with the jargon of tvtropes than myself, or have any familiarity, I want to flesh out all these character folders.

I wish. It's a language of its own.

Though, I can do what you're doing to some extent. Maybe I'll get better at TVTropes (I hadn't actually realized that it's publicly edited).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 03:32:11 pm »
Did something similar, though not as extensive, with wikiquotes. All efforts are greatly appreciate to the Bakker Noosphere, even if no one else says so :D. Thanks!

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 05:50:55 pm »
Alrighty, was working on "Nansur Empire", "Lords of the Holy War", and "Kian and servants of Fane" all yesterday.  About 27 characters included and the original page only had 4: Xerius, Conphas, Saubon and Proyas.  There wasn't a character entry for Maithanet or Athjeari for Sejenus's sake!

What I could really use is maybe some feedback? Have people read over the character tropes and let me know what they think. This is a work in progress.