Grim Tidings Bakker Interview Questions

• 18 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »
That was my first time listening to them, it was a pretty great show. I think Bakker should look into getting himself out there via the spoken word more, since it's easier for people to misinterpret your statements and get angry when it's written.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »
Does anyone else register a tonal distinction at ~2:55 when Scott says 'Dragons'? From what I've heard of him, that's not how he speaks and I don't think it was just put on.

For me it's like I heard a different voice come out - it reminds me of a comedian who does caricatures and though (or because of being) an intelligent person, they utterly disappear personality wise when it comes to the caricature. It's like they summon some other person for awhile - and I wouldn't be surprised if writers do in order to write POVs.

And maybe sometimes they summon themselves...

Ah, just take it as a spooky story if you want, I'll accept that interpretation! :)

I think Bakker should look into getting himself out there via the spoken word more, since it's easier for people to misinterpret your statements and get angry when it's written.
Seconded!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 06:17:27 pm »
i listened to the whole thing and though i thought i went well....i detected discrepancies in scott's voice. so....yeah, scott's been killed and replaced by a skin-spy.

...so.....thoughts?

Hopefully he was dead before the defiling began.

Likely not ;).

That was my first time listening to them, it was a pretty great show. I think Bakker should look into getting himself out there via the spoken word more, since it's easier for people to misinterpret your statements and get angry when it's written.

Seconded!

Indeed.

Does anyone else register a tonal distinction at ~2:55 when Scott says 'Dragons'? From what I've heard of him, that's not how he speaks and I don't think it was just put on.

As Bolivar mentioned, I think another piece of listening to him speak is that his personality comes through a whole lot more. So in this instance, based on previous interaction, he's making a bit a joke in that "people can't resist Fantasy with Dragons, see popularity of A Game of Thrones."
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 06:26:28 am »

As Bolivar mentioned, I think another piece of listening to him speak is that his personality comes through a whole lot more. So in this instance, based on previous interaction, he's making a bit a joke in that "people can't resist Fantasy with Dragons, see popularity of A Game of Thrones."

At the very least I think it's more expressing 'him included' than a joke!