Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

Steven Erikson (The 3.5 million word journey?)

<< < (3/40) > >>

Wilshire:
ARRGGHHHHHH. Does every books start like that? :/

Somnambulist:
You're beginning to feel it, Wilshire.  Only time will tell if you can stick with it.   ;)

Madness:

--- Quote from: Somnambulist on December 20, 2014, 05:42:34 pm ---You're beginning to feel it, Wilshire.  Only time will tell if you can stick with it.   ;)

--- End quote ---

Lol yeap. You must live it to understand the trial.

Kellais:
Well, technically, not every book. IIRC the last book that introduces a new plotline and new locations is Midnight Tides (book 5), after that you start visiting the old locations and characters and it starts to come together...Erikson begins in book 6 (Bonehunters) to weave all the threads into one big fucking epic thread ;)
But to be honest, it is one of the things i really like about the Malazan books...they are different than all other fantasy books i read in that they paint a picture and do not have a linearly developing story. I found that to be genius. It's a puzzle instead of the classical storyline-thread.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Kellais on December 21, 2014, 11:06:50 am ---Well, technically, not every book. IIRC the last book that introduces a new plotline and new locations is Midnight Tides (book 5), after that you start visiting the old locations and characters and it starts to come together...Erikson begins in book 6 (Bonehunters) to weave all the threads into one big fucking epic thread ;)

--- End quote ---
I probably would have gone with "tapestry" there :P

--- Quote from: Kellais on December 21, 2014, 11:06:50 am ---But to be honest, it is one of the things i really like about the Malazan books...they are different than all other fantasy books i read in that they paint a picture and do not have a linearly developing story. I found that to be genius. It's a puzzle instead of the classical storyline-thread.

--- End quote ---
I can dig it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version