Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog TJE - Chapters 15 & 16 [Spoilers]

<< < (9/9)

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on April 01, 2016, 12:44:55 pm ---ETA: H, another thing that makes me believe Kellhus cares about the future of humanity, is his obsession with having children.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, he seemed to be intent on it.  Yet, now that the kids are there, he shows no real attachment that we can discern.  Especially not for Intrilatas, or even the twins.

I mean, I buy Kellhus has having vestigial passions and feelings.  I don't buy that he is blinded or even really guided by them though.

themerchant:
Well all the children play a major part do they not?

Little Kel gets Esme to be paranoid about Uncle Holy, Theli suggests (i believe when esme is having her "morning sun" in WLW) Inri reads his face. Inri attempts to kill him, which causes Maithanet to take over.

profgrape:

--- Quote from: MSJ on April 01, 2016, 12:44:55 pm ---So, does anyone else think that something was special about Mimara's chorae? When she seen it as truly a Tear of God, she wanted to see the Captains to see if his was the same. I did too. But, I believe its more todo with Mimara herself. Even Akka said, "She is what happened.", in Cil-Aujus. Does anyone have any ideas about what exactly makes Mimara so special, other than the JE. I feel that she is probably the most important character left, sans Kellhus.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure it was special, per-se.  More that seeing it with the Judging Eye transformed it into something else -- another example of  "a lie made truth."  Riffing along a common theme, Men believe that Chorae are "Tears of God".  And thus it somehow became that thing when she looked at it?

themerchant:
All Chorae have different "flavours". Akka thinks on it as he is threatened by them.

That makes me think something the same but different goes into making each one? A soul perhaps, maybe that's why outlawed. An unborn soul maybe. The timeline could support it as there is some time between the loss at pir pahal and the womb plague.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version